Re: Cill Shift Schedule by SunflowerP
[April 15, 2024, 03:15:33 am]

Re: Eclipse Time, Everyone Panic! by Altair
[April 09, 2024, 09:29:08 am]

Re: Eclipse Time, Everyone Panic! by Jenett
[April 08, 2024, 09:09:39 pm]

Re: Eclipse Time, Everyone Panic! by Sefiru
[April 08, 2024, 06:09:38 pm]

Author Topic: Cruising with your pagan path but having a lack of job or career success anyone?  (Read 4860 times)

MarsPrincess

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
Hi Cauldronites,

Currently I am cruising on my pagan path of being a solitary witch well, getting to know my patron deities more and feeling more connected with them through honouring rituals and meditating with them. But the only problem in my life now is a lack of success in a job/a career.

Spiritually I am feeling great and calmer than anything I've felt in 10 years.

Job wise, I've been unemployed mostly for 10 years due to some illnesses. I don't fit into the usual office place because I don't type as fast as the employers like and I've tried manual jobs like being a cleaner/janitor but I wear out in a few days due to my health and thus I've never been able to hold onto jobs for 10 years. My health is getting to normal which is with the help of long term medication for an upkeep. Anything more active in a lifestyle and I fall over.

Anyone feels wonderful with their pagan spirituality and practice but are having a problem with a stable income?

Anyone has gotten help from their patron deities to get jobs and had their spells work or something like that?

Right now I wonder if I should do a spell to find a job but the job market is small where I live therefore I am wondering about home based businesses and home based ideas.

Anyone has any home based ideas?

Thanks in advance :)

--- MarsPrincess

Queen of Wands

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
    • http://theatreartistarcana.blogspot.com/
Quote from: MarsPrincess;159013
Hi Cauldronites,

--- MarsPrincess

I was actually going to suggest home-based careers until you suggested it yourself!

- opening an Etsy shop, or anything that is run solely online/over the phone
- daycare (depending on how physically able you are, I guess. Little buggers are fast)
- selling your witchy skills? Tarot reading is an obvious idea, if you are one - selling spells, charms, etc.
- writing (ghostwriting, transcripts, etc. - lots of stuff online)

It's hard for me to suggest without knowing your skills and talents, or what the job market is like in Singapore. But I think home-based is the best place to start - maybe start by purifying your home for a fresh start!

Jack

• Adept Member
    • View Profile
    • Skyhold
  • Religion: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Preferred Pronouns: they/he
Anyone has gotten help from their patron deities to get jobs and had their spells work or something like that?

I have many times gone to Mara to ask for help with something job or finance related. I would expect this would be up Fortuna's alley as well, if you asked her for help.

Have you considered looking for translation work? That can usually be done on a freelance basis via computer.
Hail Mara, Lady of Good Things!
"The only way to cope with something deadly serious is to try to treat it a little lightly." -Madeleine L'Engle

MarsPrincess

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
Quote from: Queen of Wands;159044
I was actually going to suggest home-based careers until you suggested it yourself!

- daycare (depending on how physically able you are, I guess. Little buggers are fast)
- selling your witchy skills? Tarot reading is an obvious idea, if you are one - selling spells, charms, etc.

It's hard for me to suggest without knowing your skills and talents, or what the job market is like in Singapore. But I think home-based is the best place to start - maybe start by purifying your home for a fresh start!

Hi Queen of Wands,
I was thinking about Etsy too but was wondering about more of other options on top of that :) Thanks for the suggestion.

MarsPrincess

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
Quote from: Jack;159056
I have many times gone to Mara to ask for help with something job or finance related. I would expect this would be up Fortuna's alley as well, if you asked her for help.

Have you considered looking for translation work? That can usually be done on a freelance basis via computer.

Hi Jack,
I'd wonder about translation work but I suck at Chinese language LOL :)

Yea, I should maybe do a spell with Fortuna. Things might turn up for food for thought about multiple income streams :)

MarsPrincess

• Apprentice
    • View Profile

Hi Queen of Wands,
I read your post again and saw the part about skills and talents. The job market in Singapore is mostly more of the mundane everyday sort. Spiritual shops are very rare but there are a few. My skills... I've dropped out of school a couple of times due to my health so my highest qualification is only high school. I've tried studying positive psychology enrichment certificate courses but they are not recognised in Singapore and no one much is interested in them and I've forgotten most of the course content already.

I'm wondering what kind of things I could study in short courses to be some sort of an instructor or enrichment teacher but I don't know what kind of topics I should touch on. Something not too expensive is better for me.

MarsPrincess

• Apprentice
    • View Profile

Hi everyone thanks for the comments. An update from me.

I found online a healing teacher certification course that is cheap and useful! I will be learning it over the next few months. Hopefully that will help me to have stable income in the long run or even any income is fine by me.

---MarsPrincess

Earthworm

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
Quote from: MarsPrincess;159175
Hi everyone thanks for the comments. An update from me.

I found online a healing teacher certification course that is cheap and useful! I will be learning it over the next few months. Hopefully that will help me to have stable income in the long run or even any income is fine by me.

---MarsPrincess

That's great! When you start looking for work, this is a money spell I used once way back in the day and ended up with a job I loved a few days later: Full Moon Money Spell. When I did it, I changed the chant to refer to Norse deities. I would definitely use this again. I was planning to use it recently until things improved of their own accord.

Also, you said you've been meditating in the original post. When I just last week got a great new job and told my dad (who is something of a Christian mystic) about it, he told me it was because I'd been meditating and that if I continued to do so I would "own the whole place". Metaphorically? Literally? We were texting, so I'm not sure. I'm also not entirely sure how he thinks that works, but there you have it: my dad's advice.
"A driving thirst for knowledge is the forerunner of wisdom." -Robert Cochrane

Autumn_Bard

• View Profile
Hi Cauldronites,

--- MarsPrincess

I am newly on my path, but even those past few months have made me feel "lighter" and more calm and fulfilled despite the turbulence in my life.

Employment wise, my job search has not been anywhere near as successful as I thought it would be after leaving school, and it has been near a year now. My student loans are piled on. A few interviews were I was one of the last 2 up for the job are both encouraging and discouraging.

I wish I had advice on this front except just keep on pressing on and don't give into despair. Our global society is based on wealth and employment status, so I know it is hard. Something has to change eventually.

DancesWithHorses

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
Quote from: Autumn_Bard;160117
I am newly on my path, but even those past few months have made me feel "lighter" and more calm and fulfilled despite the turbulence in my life.

Employment wise, my job search has not been anywhere near as successful as I thought it would be after leaving school, and it has been near a year now. My student loans are piled on. A few interviews were I was one of the last 2 up for the job are both encouraging and discouraging.

I wish I had advice on this front except just keep on pressing on and don't give into despair. Our global society is based on wealth and employment status, so I know it is hard. Something has to change eventually.

I hestitated replying because my path and I have a rocky relationship. I'm usually too tired to do anything. I'm a workaholic. I've worked a minimum of 20 hours since I was 15, and haven't had less than 2 jobs since I was 18. But these jobs are of the back-breaking, demanding, stressful kind.

When it comes to jobs you have to think outside the box. I moved home to a very rural area. I applied for a job everyone thought I was crazy for even thinking I'd get it. I got it without even an interview based on reputation alone. People know I work 14 hour days 6 days a week. And in this industry as long as you can work insane hours, you stay employed. I'm terrified of the day my body will quit on me and I'll be left standing there unemployed. I'm terrified of the day I finally go blind and can't drive to work anymore. So I work crazy hours and do anything that's asked of me.
Jinx or Jinxy :)
Add a dash of folklore, a few centuries of farmer\'s blood and mix well.
[/B]

Willow85

• View Profile
Hi Cauldronites,

Currently I am cruising on my pagan path of being a solitary witch well, getting to know my patron deities more and feeling more connected with them through honouring rituals and meditating with them. But the only problem in my life now is a lack of success in a job/a career.

Spiritually I am feeling great and calmer than anything I've felt in 10 years.

Job wise, I've been unemployed mostly for 10 years due to some illnesses. I don't fit into the usual office place because I don't type as fast as the employers like and I've tried manual jobs like being a cleaner/janitor but I wear out in a few days due to my health and thus I've never been able to hold onto jobs for 10 years. My health is getting to normal which is with the help of long term medication for an upkeep. Anything more active in a lifestyle and I fall over.

Anyone feels wonderful with their pagan spirituality and practice but are having a problem with a stable income?

Right now I wonder if I should do a spell to find a job but the job market is small where I live therefore I am wondering about home based businesses and home based ideas.

Anyone has any home based ideas?

Thanks in advance :)

--- MarsPrincess

Maybe you could try to find an online proofreading/editing course so that you can do something that's a bit more widely needed.
Are there any colleges/schools near you where you could put an ad up offering to proofread papers etc? Once you get a bit of experience behind you you can put yourself on some of the freelance sites, odesk, things like that.

Good luck :)

Tags: