Re: Cill Shift Schedule by SunflowerP
[April 15, 2024, 03:15:33 am]

Re: Eclipse Time, Everyone Panic! by Altair
[April 09, 2024, 09:29:08 am]

Re: Eclipse Time, Everyone Panic! by Jenett
[April 08, 2024, 09:09:39 pm]

Re: Eclipse Time, Everyone Panic! by Sefiru
[April 08, 2024, 06:09:38 pm]

Author Topic: Anyone having feelings of immanent change?  (Read 10011 times)

EJay

• Master Member
  • Banned!
    • View Profile
Anyone having feelings of immanent change?
« on: September 15, 2014, 02:50:31 am »
I don't know how to even post this without sounding like a lunatic.

Apparently I'm what some call "intuitive" and to make a long story short, I backed away from this years ago.  It made me so uncomfortable that I've spent years building up layers, like an onion, to bury it.

Now, at 49, my life has felt flat, so I've been working on peeling back some of these layers.

Three days ago, I have felt more "uncomfortable" than ever.  There's something coming and I don't know whether it's just in my own life or whether it's something pandemic.  I'm too close to it.  I haven't worked with this feeling to learn how to interpret it, so I just don't know..  It's just very strong.

I'm not talking about slow cultural change.  This feels imminent.  Huge change.

But what I don't know and can't tell is whether this involves all of us or just me.  This is such an "in your face" feeling, that I'm having a very hard time stepping back to gain perspective.

And there is my question.  Is anyone else feeling anything like this?  If not, then I will assume that it's my own world that is about to change.

God help me.
If you understand, things are just as they are.  If you do not understand, things are just as they are.

EJay

• Master Member
  • Banned!
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone having feelings of immanent change?
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2014, 03:08:34 am »
Quote from: EJay;158990

And there is my question.  Is anyone else feeling anything like this?  If not, then I will assume that it's my own world that is about to change.

After I posted this, I forgot to mention my dogs.  Even they haven't been right.  I'm sitting here listening to Jake growling softly into the dark.  Both of my dogs are usually very happy, but they've been "off" these last few days.

I feel like I'm being paranoid.

I know there's going to be some kind of huge change.  I just don't know on what scale.
If you understand, things are just as they are.  If you do not understand, things are just as they are.

carillion

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2014, 04:41:23 am »
Quote from: EJay;158991

I know there's going to be some kind of huge change.  I just don't know on what scale.

It will be true for some people somewhere in the world and maybe you are picking that up.
Having said that, I wouldn't even had paid any attention to this if I hadn't been feeling this strange sense of something...

You're not the only one to have mentioned this lately and frankly, it's giving me the wibblies.

And yesterday I shared one of the weirdest days, all day (complete with what seemed like 'paranormal' activity- and I'm a diamond-hard skeptic so it takes a lot to draw my attention let alone rattle my cage) and into the night. A day and night also experienced with a friend of mine so it wasn't just me being all precious and 'sensitive'.

The odd thing is I can't pin down whether it's something good or something bad, personal or impersonal and *that's* what bothering me.

So I'll row over and join you on paranoid's island.

EJay

• Master Member
  • Banned!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2014, 05:19:42 am »
Quote from: carillion;158993

The odd thing is I can't pin down whether it's something good or something bad, personal or impersonal and *that's* what bothering me.

You hit that!  I can't tell either.  I don't feel a sense of impending doom or anything like that, but all my hackles are on high alert.

I don't know how to describe it, except as immanent.

You're right.  With all the news going on, I could be picking up on that.  As I said, I've just started letting down my shields, but I've never felt anything like this, even back in the day.

What you said about not knowing whether it's a good or bad thing struck me the same way.  I have no idea.  It's a feeling of a huge force, for lack of a better word, but there's no feeling of right or wrong attached to it.

Again, it could and probably is just something in my own life, but if it is..... I'm digging my toes into the sand.

I just want to rule out other possibilities.

EJay

• Master Member
  • Banned!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2014, 05:52:50 am »
Quote from: carillion;158993

Having said that, I wouldn't even had paid any attention to this if I hadn't been feeling this strange sense of something...

I've re-read your post four times.

Apparently my brain is a little slow on the uptake.  It's what you said about a "strange sense of something..."  That's it.  That's exactly it.  I have an overwhelming feeling about a "strange sense of something."

I'm going to leave it at this.

AineLlewellyn

• Journeyman
  • 2020 resolution? goth
    • View Profile
    • of the Other People
  • Religion: New Religious Trad/New Gods (Otherfaith)
  • Preferred Pronouns: He/Him They/Them
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2014, 05:55:31 am »

God help me.

Even if there are more people than just yourself feeling that way, it's safer to assume that it's just a weird feeling or just in your own personal sphere. It is, after all, a feeling. It's not uncommon for people to rile themselves up with this sort of talk, when in the end nothing is actually happening.

Jack

• Adept Member
    • View Profile
    • Skyhold
  • Religion: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Preferred Pronouns: they/he
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2014, 06:34:57 am »
Quote from: EJay;158995
I just want to rule out other possibilities.

Well, the problem is we can never completely rule out the chance that some awful natural disaster or war or whatever is going to happen, either. But I see posts like this crop up fairly regularly in different corners of the internet, and yet we keep getting by.

I deal with an anxiety disorder, and frankly I feel this way a lot. I do what I can to mitigate it: I try to have plans and backup plans, and enough food in the house for a week or two at least, and I layer my wards, and learn first aid...
Hail Mara, Lady of Good Things!
"The only way to cope with something deadly serious is to try to treat it a little lightly." -Madeleine L'Engle

Redfaery

• Grand Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2014, 07:03:49 am »

God help me.

This sounds like an internal crisis to me. Trust me, I've been through a lot of them. Your dogs are probably picking up on your anxiety and acting strangely because of it. You say your life has felt "flat?" I know that feeling. But trust me. It gets better. Just go out into the world and do stuff. What you don't want is to sit inside and psychoanalyze yourself. That's trouble. Trust me. I know.

Go out and find a new hobby. Make new friends. Take a class. Go on a fantastic vacation. Get out. Don't stay in.
KARMA: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

baduhmtisss

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Undefined
  • Preferred Pronouns: She/Her
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2014, 08:04:37 am »
Quote from: ainellewellyn;158998
Even if there are more people than just yourself feeling that way, it's safer to assume that it's just a weird feeling or just in your own personal sphere. It is, after all, a feeling. It's not uncommon for people to rile themselves up with this sort of talk, when in the end nothing is actually happening.

This ^

Aine put it perfectly, and I was trying to figure out how to verbalize what I thought when I read the OP's initial post.

Needless to say, I just figured I'd point and flail in Aine's direction because she has the words.

(I apologize. I'm on Tapatalk and unable to check pronouns, so if I misused them, then I'm sorry.)
Undefined religion | Parrot Mom | Disaster Reservist

EJay

• Master Member
  • Banned!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2014, 02:17:20 pm »

You're right.  I'm not trying to be an alarmist.  I'm trying to find an explanation.

When troubleshooting a computer, the first thing you do is make sure it's plugged in.  That's what I'm trying to do is eliminate the obvious first.  Y'all are used to dealing with strange stuff at times, so I thought I'd check here first.

As far as I know, there's nothing different in my personal sphere, but... there will be.

Thank y'all for your comments.  Again, really trying to rule things out, so this helped.

Jenett

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
    • Seeking: First steps on a path
  • Religion: Initiatory religious witchcraft
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2014, 03:06:25 pm »
Quote from: EJay;159033
You're right.  I'm not trying to be an alarmist.  I'm trying to find an explanation.

When troubleshooting a computer, the first thing you do is make sure it's plugged in.  That's what I'm trying to do is eliminate the obvious first.  Y'all are used to dealing with strange stuff at times, so I thought I'd check here first.

One way I manage this kind of thing is to do "Ok, what would I do differently if I *knew* there were some imminent thing coming?

Stocking up on stored water, making sure there's food that doesn't need a heat source (or having one that can be used safely ready to go), checking that you have emergency contact info for people you care about (and an agreed on plan for how to get in touch if communications go wonky in a particular area), having a light source and fresh batteries, a first aid kit that's stocked, a go bag - none of those are *bad* things to spend a little time and energy on, you know?

If you don't need them, great. If you do need them (for any reason even something like a bad storm or a local power outage), they're handy. (You don't necessarily need All The Stuff, but knowing how to deal with what you have is good: if you don't want to fuss with a camp stove safely, keep a stock of canned food you can eat cold, f'ex.)

Similarly, it's possible to do the same approach to your religious or spiritual life. (If there were a big society-affecting thing, where could you find like minded people for support in your area? Not necessarily Pagan, but who you could deal with in an emergency?)

Is your own personal practice around psychic hygiene in decent shape? Are you tracking things like dreams or meditation or divination, and are there any patterns showing up (and if so, what kind of thing?)
Seek Knowledge, Find Wisdom: Research help on esoteric and eclectic topics (consulting and other services)

Seeking: first steps on a Pagan path (advice for seekers and people new to Paganism)

carillion

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2014, 03:11:43 pm »
Quote from: Jenett;159035
One way I manage this kind of thing is to do "Ok, what would I do differently if I *knew* there were some imminent thing coming?

Stocking up on stored water, making sure there's food that doesn't need a heat source (or having one that can be used safely ready to go), checking that you have emergency contact info for people you care about (and an agreed on plan for how to get in touch if communications go wonky in a particular area), having a light source and fresh batteries, a first aid kit that's stocked, a go bag - none of those are *bad* things to spend a little time and energy on, you know?

If you don't need them, great. If you do need them (for any reason even something like a bad storm or a local power outage), they're handy. (You don't necessarily need All The Stuff, but knowing how to deal with what you have is good: if you don't want to fuss with a camp stove safely, keep a stock of canned food you can eat cold, f'ex.)

Similarly, it's possible to do the same approach to your religious or spiritual life. (If there were a big society-affecting thing, where could you find like minded people for support in your area? Not necessarily Pagan, but who you could deal with in an emergency?)

Is your own personal practice around psychic hygiene in decent shape? Are you tracking things like dreams or meditation or divination, and are there any patterns showing up (and if so, what kind of thing?)

Thank you for not being dismissive and for giving a very sensible response (which I will take on board immediately) especially this : "Is your own personal practice around psychic hygiene in decent shape? Are you tracking things like dreams or meditation or divination, and are there any patterns showing up (and if so, what kind of thing?)"

EJay

• Master Member
  • Banned!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2014, 03:54:42 pm »
Quote from: Jenett;159035

Great points!!  And no, my psychic hygiene is definitely not in good shape and that's what I've been thinking about.

As I mentioned in my original post, I'm just starting to unblock all those layers I surrounded myself with and I think that may be what's happening.

When you live in Vegas, folks spend most of their day inside in the air-conditioning, so when you open the door, it's like being hit by the entrance to the gates of hell!  The heat's always there, but you have to open the door to know it.

I think that may be what's happening to me psychically.  I'm starting to open doors and I'm suddenly being hit by the 120 degree heat-wave.

And yes, my dogs are most likely picking up on it.

I've forgotten what it all felt like and I understand (again) why I blocked it.  I'm going to try to work with it this time and find a way to not let it overwhelm me, which I guess is what's happening.

I appreciate y'all being here and I feel better knowing I have a safe place to discuss this kind of thing.

Thank you.

Darkhawk

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
    • Suns in her Branches
  • Religion: An American Werewolf in the Akhet; Kemetic; Feri; Imaginary Baltic Heathen; Discordian; UU; CoX; Etc
  • Preferred Pronouns: any of he, they, she
« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2014, 05:26:07 pm »

It is worth noting that over the last fifteen or twenty years I have been observing pagan-community conversations online, it's been rare for me to go more than a few months without observing someone saying "I have this feeling that Something Is Up, does anyone share that?" to one extent or another.
as the water grinds the stone
we rise and fall
as our ashes turn to dust
we shine like stars    - Covenant, "Bullet"

carillion

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2014, 05:34:50 pm »
Quote from: Darkhawk;159046
It is worth noting that over the last fifteen or twenty years I have been observing pagan-community conversations online, it's been rare for me to go more than a few months without observing someone saying "I have this feeling that Something Is Up, does anyone share that?" to one extent or another.

And? I've also been on pagan forums and seen certain experiences and questions repeat themselves.

Tags: