Re: Cill Shift Schedule by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 11:04:57 pm]

Re: Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 11:21:37 pm]

Re: Spring Has Sprung! 2024 Edition by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 10:24:10 pm]

Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by Altair
[March 21, 2024, 02:52:34 pm]

Author Topic: Humor/Quiz: Favorite Insults? (Future trigger warnings possibly?)  (Read 9524 times)

Aranel

• Master Member
    • View Profile
Re: Favorite Insults? (Future trigger warnings possibly?)
« Reply #30 on: September 14, 2014, 05:30:39 am »
Quote from: missgraceless;158346
I did a search of this, but found nothing. If such a thread already exists, please, point me to it.

"Suck my big fat black dick" used to be my favorite phrase, but the wonderful members of TC pointed it out that it's so damned offensive in so many ways.

So inspired by this reply from stephyjh, I'm curious what your favorite / go-to insults are.

I say cunt all the fucking time.

Saying that, does anybody know how to stop an iPhone autocorrecting fucking to ducking because it's bloody annoying.

Motherfucking arsewanking bollocking dickcunt bastard is my favourite insult for the shit that really piss me off.

And I'm not just writing loads of swear words here because I can in this thread. It's how I talk. First thing I said this morning was hello little shit to one of my dogs. Same dog doesn't understand what "go to bed" "go lie down" mean. Say fuck off to her and she'll go straight into her bed. Don't know whether I should be ashamed of myself or proud that I have train her to understand at least one command.

Valeria Crowe

• Master Member
    • View Profile
    • http://thesallowbeldam.tumblr.com/
« Reply #31 on: September 14, 2014, 08:43:52 am »

I describe really stupid things as " blistering, blinding, blithering fuckwittery," and truly stupid people as "nut-chomping ass weasels."

When someone gives me shit for my bisexuality, I say "I may be a half-fag, but at least I'm not a half-wit, you over-privledged ass-nozzle."

Half-Australian, swearing's a noble sacrement and valued part of my heritage.
"This is a sorrow-spider. Which end do you hold it by? TRICK QUESTION!"

Aranel

• Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 14, 2014, 11:35:02 am »
Quote from: Aranel;158903

Forgot to add, when I really can't swear I like the word nincompoop :D

missgraceless

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Eclectic Pagan
« Reply #33 on: September 15, 2014, 06:21:59 am »
Quote from: Aranel;158913
Forgot to add, when I really can't swear I like the word nincompoop :D

Cotton-headed ninny muggins!
"Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly."   ~ Morticia Addams

Redfaery

• Grand Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 15, 2014, 06:58:51 am »
Quote from: missgraceless;158999
Cotton-headed ninny muggins!

Oh myyyyyyy.....*faints from shock*:eek:
KARMA: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

veggiewolf

• Adept Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 15, 2014, 10:43:31 am »
Quote from: Cuthwin Crowe;158907
I describe really stupid things as " blistering, blinding, blithering fuckwittery," and truly stupid people as "nut-chomping ass weasels."

When someone gives me shit for my bisexuality, I say "I may be a half-fag, but at least I'm not a half-wit, you over-privledged ass-nozzle."

Half-Australian, swearing's a noble sacrement and valued part of my heritage.

A Reminder:
Hi Cuthwin Crowe,

Just a quick note:  Please remember to quote, even if you're just  replying to the first message in the thread.  It makes the discussion  easier to follow, and it's required by  our  rules. (If you're using tapatalk on a phone, please hold your finger down on the message you wish to reply to until the quote function pops up.)

This isn't a formal warning, just a reminder.  No  reply is necessary, but if you have questions or need clarification,  please feel free to contact a member of staff privately.

Thanks!
Fluid Morality - my spiritual blog
Eating Monsters - my mental health blog

"Religion does not define a deity- it defines the human approach and interpretation of deity." - Juni
"I hate magical thinking in my magic." - Darkhawk
"...a baseball club; a soccer unkindness; a hockey murder; a football team..." - Cecil, Welcome to Night Vale

Moonflower

• Sr. Newbie
    • View Profile
    • http://moonflowervine.wordpress.com/
« Reply #36 on: April 25, 2015, 12:30:03 pm »
Quote from: Ladywhitewolf;158896
Awesome. I love this one!  The word I use the most is  "motherfucking c#nt."  I used to have a friend who used that word all the time.  He was British.  Yes I know they use the c word a lot.  Asshat is another insult I use.  I have a really filthy mouth especially when I am pissed off.

Chucklefuck. As in, "You are the epitome of failure you glorious chucklefuck."

missgraceless

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 15, 2015, 11:14:30 pm »
Quote from: Moonflower;174286
Chucklefuck. As in, "You are the epitome of failure you glorious chucklefuck."
Bumping this thread just because.

I've been calling people a "useless paperclip*" a LOT lately. Moving from Connecticut to North Carolina has me yelling at everyone on the road.

*remember this asshole?
"Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly."   ~ Morticia Addams

Faemon

• Grand Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 16, 2015, 02:00:46 am »
Quote from: missgraceless;182308
Bumping this thread just because.

I've been calling people a "useless paperclip*" a LOT lately.

Glad this thread got bumped! Sorry if I missed an earlier comment about this, but I recently finished reading Holy Sh*t by Melissa Mohr, which traces the history of foul language in English.

Profanities apparently served ritual purposes in Rome sometimes, so somebody like Julius Caesar returning victorious from Gaul would be sort of cussed out in a specific way in order to protect him from the curses of envy? Might not have worked if senators eschew the Evil Eye in favor of a lot of stabbing.

But the oathing swearing had some sort of relation or balance with the vain swearing. Bodily functions and sexual activity would be considered gross or threatening, but in the medieval ages when privacy didn't exist, it wasn't as serious as the "holy" swearing rather than the "shit" (body parts or functions) swearing. When sects began vying for political power and one battlefield was the holy oaths, the result of that politicization became that holy words began to mean less.

The gravity of racial slurs in the English vocabulary is a relatively new phenomenon, and I got the impression that Mohr only wrote observations of it (for example, in a strike that many of the cast in Gone With The Wind apparently went on to remove the n-word from the script) rather than describe the world that produced the slur charge upon a word--unlike with the profanity, obscenity, expletive and euphemism. Mohr's writings came off as unfortunately less interested in detailing how slurs became so serious, but the end of the book speculates that future swearing would simply go something like, "Die." As it's the final frontier.

There's also the use of "swear" words as intensive or intensifiers, so the f-word isn't so much an act or adjective but almost an onomatopoeia, still, the "real" swear words apparently help to increase pain tolerance by about 10 seconds. There's apparently a part of our brain dedicated solely to storing swear words, and that's usually the last to decay if we ever suffer a degenerative mental illness or brain damage. It was all really interesting.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2015, 02:05:59 am by Faemon »
The Codex of Poesy: wishcraft, faelatry, alchemy, and other slight misspellings.
the Otherfaith: Chromatic Genderbending Faery Monarchs of Technology. DeviantArt

missgraceless

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 16, 2015, 09:44:33 am »
Quote from: Faemon;182314
Glad this thread got bumped! Sorry if I missed an earlier comment about this, but I recently finished reading Holy Sh*t by Melissa Mohr, which traces the history of foul language in English.

Profanities apparently served ritual purposes in Rome sometimes, so somebody like Julius Caesar returning victorious from Gaul would be sort of cussed out in a specific way in order to protect him from the curses of envy? Might not have worked if senators eschew the Evil Eye in favor of a lot of stabbing.

But the oathing swearing had some sort of relation or balance with the vain swearing. Bodily functions and sexual activity would be considered gross or threatening, but in the medieval ages when privacy didn't exist, it wasn't as serious as the "holy" swearing rather than the "shit" (body parts or functions) swearing. When sects began vying for political power and one battlefield was the holy oaths, the result of that politicization became that holy words began to mean less.

The gravity of racial slurs in the English vocabulary is a relatively new phenomenon, and I got the impression that Mohr only wrote observations of it (for example, in a strike that many of the cast in Gone With The Wind apparently went on to remove the n-word from the script) rather than describe the world that produced the slur charge upon a word--unlike with the profanity, obscenity, expletive and euphemism. Mohr's writings came off as unfortunately less interested in detailing how slurs became so serious, but the end of the book speculates that future swearing would simply go something like, "Die." As it's the final frontier.

There's also the use of "swear" words as intensive or intensifiers, so the f-word isn't so much an act or adjective but almost an onomatopoeia, still, the "real" swear words apparently help to increase pain tolerance by about 10 seconds. There's apparently a part of our brain dedicated solely to storing swear words, and that's usually the last to decay if we ever suffer a degenerative mental illness or brain damage. It was all really interesting.
I totally wanna read that book! Gotta wait until I have money though. -_-

Beibhinn

• Sr. Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 17, 2015, 11:42:55 am »
I did a search of this, but found nothing. If such a thread already exists, please, point me to it.

"Suck my big fat black dick" used to be my favorite phrase, but the wonderful members of TC pointed it out that it's so damned offensive in so many ways.

So inspired by this reply from stephyjh, I'm curious what your favorite / go-to insults are.

I like to use the word "fuddfucker" or else "fuddfucking" as in "I have to wash the fuddfucking dishes now."
« Last Edit: November 19, 2015, 02:59:57 am by SunflowerP »

Sefiru

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 17, 2015, 07:08:30 pm »
Quote from: Beibhinn;182372

I like to use the word "fuddfucker" or else "fuddfucking" as in "I have to wash the fuddfucking dishes now."

Recently I've been fond of "rassen frassen".
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Me on AO3 & Deviantart

Tags: