Re: "Christ Is King" by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 11:06:51 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 10:30:17 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Darkhawk
[Yesterday at 08:31:19 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Darkhawk
[Yesterday at 07:54:40 pm]

Author Topic: Pendulums  (Read 1420 times)

HarpingHawke

• Staff
    • View Profile
  • Religion: shapeshifting, witchery, polytheism. under endless construction.
  • Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Pendulums
« on: September 04, 2014, 07:29:42 pm »
So, I have a question for y'all.

I know the general basics of pendulums, but I was wondering if there was anything else I could learn about them. I've been looking for a while, but I'm not quite sure what sources are reputable and which are not, so I decided to come here.

To be more clear, do you either have a source for learning or a bit of advice?

Thank you so much!
"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self." - Hemingway

Scales

• Master Member
    • View Profile
Re: Pendulums
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2014, 12:03:04 am »
Quote from: HarpingHawke;158121

I know the general basics of pendulums, but I was wondering if there was anything else I could learn about them. I've been looking for a while, but I'm not quite sure what sources are reputable and which are not, so I decided to come here.

Thank you so much!

My friend taught me, after her older sister and brother taught her, to invoke whatever you are asking (unless you're just asking the pendulum itself, that depends how you feel about it), then ask it to show you yes, no, and uncertain/unanswerable. Then you ask not-too-leading questions and double check things to help avoid coincidence and to clarify (eg 'does this mean [what the answer suggested to you?]') since it can only answer yes/no pretty much.

I don't know if that helps you at all, I think it's all pretty standard. I'm interested in trying a sheet or board with the markings on it, as you've probably seen around, but I'm not sure when I will.

And as with all self-divination (assuming it's for yourself), be careful about making assumptions and subconscious decisions with it. There's probably more advice on that in the divination forum.

HarpingHawke

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2014, 01:09:22 pm »
Quote from: Scales;158193
I don't know if that helps you at all, I think it's all pretty standard. I'm interested in trying a sheet or board with the markings on it, as you've probably seen around, but I'm not sure when I will.

Thank you! It is mostly basic, but it's always nice to get a refresher, since currently pendulums are the only form of divination I feel comfortable with. :)

I'm actually thinking of trying out one of those sheets. I'll tell you how it went when I get around to it.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2014, 01:09:46 pm by HarpingHawke »
"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self." - Hemingway

beachglass

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2014, 12:13:49 pm »

Recently I came across this site: Letter to Robin. I haven't tried working through the exercises yet, but as a programmer Woods' method appeals to me.
"The further we go, and older we grow, the more we know, the less we show."  ~ Robert Smith

HarpingHawke

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2014, 02:41:33 pm »
Quote from: beachglass;158315
Recently I came across this site: Letter to Robin. I haven't tried working through the exercises yet, but as a programmer Woods' method appeals to me.

This is great! I know what I'm reading tonight. :)

Thank you.

RoseQuartz

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2014, 01:53:33 pm »
I know the general basics of pendulums, but I was wondering if there was anything else I could learn about them.

Actually, you can learn quite a bit about pendulums simply by asking the tool you use for example if its crystal version of a pendulum, you can cleanse chakras with it, there are seven main chakras in total or some folk like to call them energy centres, basically all you do is hold the pendulum as you would when starting to use them with basic yes or no questions and also ask for it to swing in the way that it often does for cleansing. When you feel that that pendulum which you are working with has finished cleansing the chakra, move on to the next one and repeat this for all seven chakras or energy centers. The pendulum will let you know when it is finished.

Also, if its a clear quartz pendulum, then you can use it to send out positivity. Simply by setting it on a windowsill and asking for it to absorb the sunlight or moonlight or kind of energy light that you are wanting to work with, then place that pendulum across your third eye to reassure that its spiritual positivity or positive healing light that you are hoping to send, then place it in a position so that it faces upwards or in a way that sits right for you to use it, and send that way, what ought to happen is if you are indeed aware of energy you can feel sense or see the energy beam of light being sent out, to whomever or which situation that you can ask for it to be sent to and positivity will indeed be directed there. Well, these are two exercises I've picked up while working with pendulums that have helped me in the past, I hope they come in handy for you.

As well as the yes and no divination based questions that is...

Blessings and peace,
RoseQuartz

Hematite

• Sr. Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2014, 07:22:21 am »

Thank you so much!

I'm pretty new to the ideal of using pendulums for cleansing and divination.

When I learned, I was taught to use it almost more like a dowsing rod to find things I lost. I would set a clear image in my mind of the missing thing, then see where the swing seemed to lead. I have had more success with clear light colored or quartz stones than with dark or opaque. It seemed to work better with metal than other string or cord. Natural worked better than dyed or glass. Raw shard over polished or cut stone.

But I have made glass on leather work when I can't find other supplies.

I wonder if it's more my preferences that cause this than the materials.

Tags: