Re: Eclipse Time, Everyone Panic! by Altair
[April 09, 2024, 09:29:08 am]

Re: Eclipse Time, Everyone Panic! by Jenett
[April 08, 2024, 09:09:39 pm]

Re: Eclipse Time, Everyone Panic! by Sefiru
[April 08, 2024, 06:09:38 pm]

Re: Supermarket Witches by SirPalomides
[April 08, 2024, 09:49:17 am]

Author Topic: Interpret my dream ?  (Read 2383 times)

Meggido

Interpret my dream ?
« on: September 02, 2014, 01:03:13 pm »
I was not really a pagan I was raised a christian protestant and then became non religious, however I had a dream where the Canaanite god El came to me and he put me on a throne in ancient israel/canaan (almost like I was in his body) and I said "I am El" and then people in what appeared to be ancient Israel like robes all bowed down to me the room was dark like some sort of temple also El left the impression in my mind without saying anything (almost like he showed it to me with a feeling) that Yahwah was a false god and that he and his son Baal were to be worshipped along with the rest of the pantheon. So what does this mean I'm really non religious I was never a devout christian but this is really scaring and intriguing me at the same time can anyone interpret these dreams since I've had the dream i've watched alot of documentaries about ancient israel and archaeology trying to figure things out.

baduhmtisss

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Undefined
  • Preferred Pronouns: She/Her
Re: Interpret my dream ?
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2014, 02:48:22 pm »
Quote from: Meggido;157975
I was not really a pagan I was raised a christian protestant and then became non religious, however I had a dream where the Canaanite god El came to me and he put me on a throne in ancient israel/canaan (almost like I was in his body) and I said "I am El" and then people in what appeared to be ancient Israel like robes all bowed down to me the room was dark like some sort of temple also El left the impression in my mind without saying anything (almost like he showed it to me with a feeling) that Yahwah was a false god and that he and his son Baal were to be worshipped along with the rest of the pantheon. So what does this mean I'm really non religious I was never a devout christian but this is really scaring and intriguing me at the same time can anyone interpret these dreams since I've had the dream i've watched alot of documentaries about ancient israel and archaeology trying to figure things out.

We cannot possibly interpret your dreams because the symbolism behind the dream is entirely unque to you.

Secondly, I advise you to look at the dream as SYMBOLS, rather then literal and/or fact. Which means, everything you saw was representing something. You being El could have meant (symbolically, of course), that you were in a position of authority in your life, or you're wishing to be in a position of authority. That is only an off of the top of my head example of what it could mean.
Undefined religion | Parrot Mom | Disaster Reservist

Earthworm

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2014, 05:19:25 pm »

In the case that your dream was a literal experience (speaking as a person who usually has a more literal interpretation of their own dreams), I think certain deities have a tendency to be all "my way is the only way." I feel like when a deity of this sort tells you that other gods are false gods and only they should be worshiped you don't have to believe them unless you want to.

For instance, if I pray to YHWH and ask him if he is the one true god, his answer will be "yes" because that's the way he sees it. If I actually prayed to know if anyone is a "true god", I would ask my ancestors because I believe they have my best interests at heart (is that how the expression goes?). They're an objective party not on the side of any one god or another.

I also don't think you should feel like you owe El any veneration if you don't want to give it, even if you believe he gave you the dream. Don't let anyone make you feel like you have to do something you're not comfortable with.
"A driving thirst for knowledge is the forerunner of wisdom." -Robert Cochrane

Viv

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2014, 07:47:25 pm »

IMHO most dreams are formed out of an individual's own moods, attitudes, experiences and are not prophetic in nature.

Sorry I can't be more helpful dream-wise. Welcome to TC :)
"As every cat lover knows, nobody owns a cat." ~Ellen Perry Berkeley

AKA: windshadow; hesperia

Yei

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Mexica Reconstructionism
  • Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2014, 09:42:28 pm »

Well that's interesting. Still, it wouldn't hurt to look into Canaan religion. If you find it to be right for you then that's good. If you decide that it is not for you, no harm done; you are under no obligations to commit.

Tags: