collapse

* Recent Posts

Author Topic: Intensity and regular communication on a daily basis with your patron deities?  (Read 3108 times)

MarsPrincess

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
I have been New Age spiritual for the past 12 years but only started officially self initiated with Mars Roman God this year as a solitary witch on a pagan path. Mars Roman God is my primary patron deity and He urged me to find a suitable female patron deity whereby I tried working with some goddesses and ended up most compatible with Fortuna Roman Goddess.

There are days when I feel like Mars and Fortuna peeks in to check on me but are far away busy doing some deity duties of their own, I personally believe. But on a daily basis, Mars helps me around because I have some illnesses which I don't feel comfortable revealing, but yea Mars holds me up when I feel like I can't get up from bed from aches. I call Mars Roman God my carer sometimes :) He is very sweet and concerned about me.

Mars and Fortuna are always a call away and they worked on my psychic ability to hear them and they work on my automatic writing ability where they hold my hand to write just like New Age authors whom write with the Divine. I make spells to Mars and Fortuna to second that, meaning to ask Mars for protection and guidance on the hearing them ability and the automatic writing ability with Mars as main guardian.

This makes me in communication with my patron deities regularly, almost daily.

What my question is, is that does any one of you have daily communication with your deities? How intense are the communications between you and your deities? In what kind of personal way or method do you communicate with your deities, I guess this might require sharing of UPG (unconfirmed personal gnosis).

Do you feel like your patron deities sometimes just hangs around but are silent for the whole day or a few days but still a call away, just not so talkative?

Do you feel compelled to light a candle everyday for your deities or do you only do it on special days?

Thanks in advance for your personal sharings :)
MarsPrincess

Faemon

• Grand Master Member
    • View Profile
Quote from: MarsPrincess;157968
does any one of you have daily communication with your deities?

More or less.

How intense are the communications between you and your deities?

Sometimes I feel like I'm forcing it and it's fake, more often I can't help hearing them like they have a life of their own.

In what kind of personal way or method do you communicate with your deities

Have you ever wanted to buy a piece of furniture but you don't know where it will fit in your room? So you see this new table or this new sofa in your mind, in your room in your mind?

It's like that, but I don't want them there. I don't want them to go away, but I did not think, "this should be here" or "I wonder if ___ was here" first. It just happens, also like an embarrassing moment that I don't want to think about but I keep remembering. (Except that it hasn't happened yet, and it's not embarrassing. It's... insistent, that's why I compare.)

Do you feel like your patron deities sometimes just hangs around but are silent for the whole day or a few days but still a call away, just not so talkative?

They can be silent for weeks or months. I try not to resent it when I call them and everything still feels normal, without deities. Or, "deities" because of my next answer:

Do you feel compelled to light a candle everyday for your deities or do you only do it on special days?

No, my deities have no names and no mythology. Maybe they're more like New Age "spirit guides".

Other deities, I communicate more like the way I feel a weather condition. I don't see them, I can't hear them or talk to them, but I feel them all around.
The Codex of Poesy: wishcraft, faelatry, alchemy, and other slight misspellings.
the Otherfaith: Chromatic Genderbending Faery Monarchs of Technology. DeviantArt

DancesWithHorses

• Journeyman
    • View Profile

What my question is, is that does any one of you have daily communication with your deities? How intense are the communications between you and your deities? In what kind of personal way or method do you communicate with your deities, I guess this might require sharing of UPG (unconfirmed personal gnosis).

My patron goddess is Frigga. But others include Thor, Odin and Freya. My communication is weak at best, I call on them when I'm in trouble and to give thanks at each turn of the moon.

Mostly I just offer them something, tell them what kind of assistance I'm looking for and then leave it up to them. Sometimes they response, but usually its in an intense feeling or "knowing" way.

I don't think they are around much, only when I call on them or they feel like they have to call on me (that would be Frigga only). I don't light candles for them. Something to try though, someday.
Jinx or Jinxy :)
Add a dash of folklore, a few centuries of farmer\'s blood and mix well.
[/B]

katbast

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile

I try to set aside some time to go to my shrine everyday to make offerings and talk to my deities. I've had a couple more intense communication but for the most part I feel more of their presence around. I light candles, offer incense, offer food/drink/small objects. As far as their communications to me, I've felt/heard it? reading cards, in dreams or even in the "go back and get that idiot I liked it" way. I've also felt/heard them in moments where I just need to sit and let go of pent up stuffs. I think they are always listening even if I don't have an intense moment. Those are few and far between.

I don't expect to have my deities jumping up and down every time I think of them/talk to them to get my attention. Sometimes I don't feel them as strongly or that they aren't handy at all. But I feel that they are not tied to my shrine and have their own things to do.

Everyday (the best I can) this goes with daily devotionals that both the groups I belong to suggest. In the past I've been very lax about lighting candles and such daily and I lose touch with them. When I keep up a regular devotional practice I get a much better feel of a connection with them.

Tags: