Re: Cill Shift Schedule by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 11:04:57 pm]

Re: Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 11:21:37 pm]

Re: Spring Has Sprung! 2024 Edition by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 10:24:10 pm]

Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by Altair
[March 21, 2024, 02:52:34 pm]

Author Topic: Anyone here who have worked with Mars Roman God and Fortuna Roman Goddess before?  (Read 3433 times)

MarsPrincess

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
Mars Roman God and Fortuna Roman Goddess are my patron deities and I wondered if anyone has worked with either one of them before? I'd expect more information on Mars since he is a more well known Roman God. I know that Mars is a god of war and Fortuna is a goddess whom deals with luck and fortunes of people's lives.

Anything on Mars and Fortuna are welcome!

Thanks!
MarsPrincess

Aeronis

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
Quote from: MarsPrincess;157898
Mars Roman God and Fortuna Roman Goddess are my patron deities and I wondered if anyone has worked with either one of them before? I'd expect more information on Mars since he is a more well known Roman God. I know that Mars is a god of war and Fortuna is a goddess whom deals with luck and fortunes of people's lives.

Thanks!
MarsPrincess

http://www.pantheon.org/ is a good place to start, if you're looking for general information. I've worked with Fortuna a bit in the past, and she struck me as being a very kind deity overall.

BlindRobertBrown

• View Profile
  • Religion: Gintliocht, Forn Sithr, and Cultus Deorum
  • Preferred Pronouns: He/him, She/Her

Thanks!
MarsPrincess

I recently found myself getting involved with Cultus Deorum/Religio Romana as a third side of my practice (I also practice Irish and Norse forms of spirituality), and the first deity I started intereacting with, working with, and worshipping is Fortuna. Actually, I was first introduced to her by Aine, another goddess I worship from the Irish side of my practice...Long story there, like I said.

Anyway, Fortuna has been nothing but a sweetheart so far. Very gentle, kind, though slight....flighty? Flittery? I can't really put my finger on it. I suppose it's part of the more random, chaotic, side of her nature as goddess of both good and ill fortune.

Actually, when I started looking into this side of spirituality, I started out looking at things from a Greek perspectve and tried approaching Tyche. Didn't really work out. She felt close, yet not quite right as far as the deity I was supposed to be getting to know. Some interesting shananigans finally helped me figure out what was going on.

Anyway, Fortuna was the one to introduce me to Mars, and I'm still getting to know him. So far I have found him to be a polite, disaplined, and somewhat formal deity. He has shown his own version of caring so far, but it has always been in a very neat and organized way.

I find it interesting that out of all of the other deities, Fortuna wanted me to meet Mars first. Not sure why, but I'm sure I'll find out or get told at some point down the road if I'm meant to know.

Tags: