collapse

Author Topic: Working with Brighid and The Morrigan  (Read 2394 times)

rocquelaire

• Staff
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Gaelic Polytheist
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her/her
Working with Brighid and The Morrigan
« on: August 28, 2014, 03:42:15 pm »
Hi all,

I've recently felt that Brighid was poking me to approach The Morrigan about some specific things I'm dealing with just now (mostly body image stuff almost certainly with some sovereignty issues thrown in) and I'm curious about how others deal with these two ladies.

Brighid is my only deity and has been for a few years now so the thought of approaching someone else is a bit intimidating. And I know this is stupid because I'm pretty sure that Brighid suggested this but it feels a little like it would be disloyal to Her. I dedicated myself to Brighid at the start of this year and I expected to only ever be Hers.

For those of you who work with / have worked with both Brighid and TM, how was it? I'm curious about the dynamic between the two and how your relationship with one affected your relationship with the other, if it did at all?

I think I have more specific questions that I want to get at but I can't quite find what I want to ask. I'm hoping some discussion might shake it loose!

I would really appreciate anything you're willing to share.

Thanks,
Rocquelaire

Juni

• Grand Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Eclectic
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her
Re: Working with Brighid and The Morrigan
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2014, 03:45:34 pm »
Quote from: rocquelaire;157433
For those of you who work with / have worked with both Brighid and TM, how was it? I'm curious about the dynamic between the two and how your relationship with one affected your relationship with the other, if it did at all?

I do work for them both, and I'm trying to cobble together some thoughts. At the moment, the only thing I'm getting is something that's been said about them before: Brighid forges the weapon, and the Morrigan wields it.
Join the Emboatening Crew over on Kiva! Emboatening the boatless since Opet 2013!

Gilbride

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2014, 08:36:11 am »
I'm curious about how others deal with these two ladies.

I worship Brighid as my primary deity, but also have a close relationship with Macha. As a martial arts instructor, worshiping a form of the Morrigan obviously makes some sense. But I'm also torn about it, because I'm not sure it doesn't encourage energies that are unhealthy for me based on my life history. I'm trying to find a way to reconcile the two, but I don't have a clear way yet.

rocquelaire

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2014, 03:28:15 pm »
Quote from: Juni;157437
I do work for them both, and I'm trying to cobble together some thoughts. At the moment, the only thing I'm getting is something that's been said about them before: Brighid forges the weapon, and the Morrigan wields it.

I like that idea. I can definitely relate to the idea of being forged by Brighid. I'm interested to hear anything else that you feel able to talk about :)

rocquelaire

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2014, 03:29:35 pm »
Quote from: Gilbride;157569
I worship Brighid as my primary deity, but also have a close relationship with Macha. As a martial arts instructor, worshiping a form of the Morrigan obviously makes some sense. But I'm also torn about it, because I'm not sure it doesn't encourage energies that are unhealthy for me based on my life history. I'm trying to find a way to reconcile the two, but I don't have a clear way yet.

Do you feel that Macha is accepting of being secondary to Brighid? I'm not sure if I'm wording that question quite right.

Gilbride

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2014, 07:38:05 am »
Quote from: rocquelaire;157600
Do you feel that Macha is accepting of being secondary to Brighid? I'm not sure if I'm wording that question quite right.

She doesn't seem to have a problem with that. It's more like not being sure if Brighid is comfortable with my Morrigan-ish tendencies.

Sage

• Adept Member
    • View Profile
    • http://sageandstarshine.wordpress.com
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2014, 08:09:14 am »
Quote from: Gilbride;157664
She doesn't seem to have a problem with that. It's more like not being sure if Brighid is comfortable with my Morrigan-ish tendencies.

I haven't quite woken up yet and I haven't worked with tM for some time, but I wanted to say that I find it interesting where these two Ladies do overlap, either in terms of temperament or mythic associations or what Work needs to be done in the world.

I wonder if it's fair to say that They are both concerned with the integrity and wholeness of humanity. My impulse is to create a very shaky and nebulous dichotomy of tM being interested in these things on an individual level and Brighid being interested in these things on a societal level. Though of course that isn't set in stone; I see Them both as interested in both social justice and the protection of individual women, for example.
Maker, though the darkness comes upon me,
I shall embrace the light. I shall weather the storm.
I shall endure.
What you have created, no one can tear asunder.

-Canticle of Trials 1:10

Sage and Starshine (my spiritual blog): last updated 2/25.
Friday Otherfaith Blogging: last updated 2/27
Join the Emboatening Crew over on Kiva! Emboatening the boatless since Opet 2013.

PhantomQueen

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2014, 08:26:37 pm »
Hi all,

I would really appreciate anything you're willing to share.

Thanks,w`
Rocquelaire

Brighid was the first one I worked with too, for the longest time, and before Morrigan came on the scene.  I've found no drama at all.  For me, it's more like Brighid is protectress of the home and hearth and all related issues while Morrigan is training me up to deal with the outside world issues (landlord and superintendant neglecting their duties to the tenants, for example).  I look at it like Brighid teaches the rudimentaries and Morrigan follows up with the detailed, more aggressive stuff should we need to apply them to life situations.  One augments the other and I've not had any incident where they've clashed.

Tags: