Re: Eclipse Time, Everyone Panic! by Altair
[April 09, 2024, 09:29:08 am]

Re: Eclipse Time, Everyone Panic! by Jenett
[April 08, 2024, 09:09:39 pm]

Re: Eclipse Time, Everyone Panic! by Sefiru
[April 08, 2024, 06:09:38 pm]

Re: Supermarket Witches by SirPalomides
[April 08, 2024, 09:49:17 am]

Author Topic: Hello from Germany  (Read 1882 times)

lethallethe

• View Profile
Hello from Germany
« on: August 26, 2014, 03:48:02 pm »
Hello,
today I found the courage to log in into your community and hope that I can connect to some nice people with an occult background. I am from the former GDR and interest in occult matters is not common in this area. Therefore I feel very lonely in my occult aspirations.
I practice witchcraft. And when I compare my experiences with the different forms    witchcraft in my books (a lot of books - I love books) I would put it into the field of Traditional Witchcraft or Conjure. But I don't claim that my work is genuinely connected with a  profound cultural background. I rather bluntly steal from them (eclectic - if you want so) to refine my techniques to connect with the (long uncontacted) spirits of my home land.

So in short: I hope to make some friends.

Thank you for your attention.

lethe

(I couldn't come up with a better nick than my steam name.. it is not intended to be aggressive in some sort)

Voren

• Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: spiritual
  • Preferred Pronouns: Xe/Xir/Xes
Re: Hello from Germany
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2014, 04:38:44 pm »
Quote from: lethallethe;157153
Hello,
today I found the courage to log in into your community and hope that I can connect to some nice people with an occult background. I am from the former GDR and interest in occult matters is not common in this area. Therefore I feel very lonely in my occult aspirations.
I practice witchcraft. And when I compare my experiences with the different forms    witchcraft in my books (a lot of books - I love books) I would put it into the field of Traditional Witchcraft or Conjure. But I don't claim that my work is genuinely connected with a  profound cultural background. I rather bluntly steal from them (eclectic - if you want so) to refine my techniques to connect with the (long uncontacted) spirits of my home land.

lethe

(I couldn't come up with a better nick than my steam name.. it is not intended to be aggressive in some sort)

Hello and welcome
-Voren
(aka Sou\'r-Ghi\'den)

The Singularity

Komachi

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2014, 05:05:36 pm »
Hello,
today I found the courage to log in into your community and hope that I can connect to some nice people with an occult background.

Hello! I bet chanting and invocation sounds so powerful in German; I've been wanting to learn the language ever since I read Rilke's Duino Elegies. Your English is great – do you use both languages (or any others)? I study Japanese and I incorporate a lot of the mythology into my occult practice, so I like to use kanji. And French, when it sounds more beautiful lol. If I could pronounce German properly I'd want to use that too.

What sort of backgrounds do you borrow from?
"His innermost destiny drives him on to the spirit and to God. His innermost longing draws him back to nature, the mother."  
Hermann Hesse, Steppenwolf

hecate8

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2014, 06:20:14 pm »
Hello,

lethe

Hello and welcome.
Free or drug free? America can\'t be both!

lethallethe

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2014, 11:49:23 am »
Quote from: Matsukaze;157167
Hello! I bet chanting and invocation sounds so powerful in German; I've been wanting to learn the language ever since I read Rilke's Duino Elegies. Your English is great – do you use both languages (or any others)? I study Japanese and I incorporate a lot of the mythology into my occult practice, so I like to use kanji. And French, when it sounds more beautiful lol. If I could pronounce German properly I'd want to use that too.

What sort of backgrounds do you borrow from?

Hello Matsukaze
Thank you for your post.

German is my mothertongue.. but we learn English and French rather early in school.. but I cheated a little bit.. I studied English and American Literature next to my main subject.

To be quite frank.. I do magick when in Gnosis and prefer to speak as little as possible.
But then the decision is akward because most books I read are in English and the German translation sounds very funny in my ears.

German is not as difficult as Japanese. You could give it try. One time you should try Turkish. It is an agglutinating language and very, very poetic.

I borrow heavily from the texts of Nicholaj de Mattos Frisvold and Lee Morgan. Then Robin Artisson, Cat Yronwood, Foxwood, Greer and Grey, Black and Hyatt....

veggiewolf

• Adept Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2014, 09:20:10 pm »
Hello,

lethe

Welcome to The Cauldron!
Fluid Morality - my spiritual blog
Eating Monsters - my mental health blog

"Religion does not define a deity- it defines the human approach and interpretation of deity." - Juni
"I hate magical thinking in my magic." - Darkhawk
"...a baseball club; a soccer unkindness; a hockey murder; a football team..." - Cecil, Welcome to Night Vale

Viv

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2014, 07:27:01 pm »
Hello

Hello and welcome to TC :)
"As every cat lover knows, nobody owns a cat." ~Ellen Perry Berkeley

AKA: windshadow; hesperia

Sage

• Adept Member
    • View Profile
    • http://sageandstarshine.wordpress.com
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2014, 09:10:51 pm »

My screename is close to my Steam name (sageling). Why fix what's broken? :)

Welcome to TC.
Maker, though the darkness comes upon me,
I shall embrace the light. I shall weather the storm.
I shall endure.
What you have created, no one can tear asunder.

-Canticle of Trials 1:10

Sage and Starshine (my spiritual blog): last updated 2/25.
Friday Otherfaith Blogging: last updated 2/27
Join the Emboatening Crew over on Kiva! Emboatening the boatless since Opet 2013.

Tags: