Re: "Christ Is King" by SirPalomides
[Today at 04:12:49 pm]

"Christ Is King" by Altair
[Today at 01:09:34 am]

Re: Cill Shift Schedule by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 11:04:57 pm]

Re: Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 11:21:37 pm]

Author Topic: Home and Hearth  (Read 3439 times)

TheElegantShadow

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
Home and Hearth
« on: August 25, 2014, 02:38:35 pm »
So, I've been looking at Hearth Witchery, and I'm finding quite a bit about it interesting, and helpful. I'm mainly looking for methods and views on how to protect ones home, among other things like attracting fortune, good company, etc.

I'm open to any ideas, so don't be afraid to voice them! :3
"Remember that a question is not a challenge to you as a person, but merely a request for information." I need to remind myself of this, at times. XD

HarpingHawke

• Staff
    • View Profile
  • Religion: shapeshifting, witchery, polytheism. under endless construction.
  • Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Re: Home and Hearth
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2014, 01:04:00 pm »
Quote from: TheElegantShadow;157060
So, I've been looking at Hearth Witchery, and I'm finding quite a bit about it interesting, and helpful. I'm mainly looking for methods and views on how to protect ones home, among other things like attracting fortune, good company, etc.

If you hang up the seed pods of liquidambar trees (otherwise known as sweet gum trees) and tie 'em up with red thread, then hang them, they're supposed to be good for protection. Also, parsley is said to attract money. According to lore, making bottle trees traps spirits and disperses them in daylight.
"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self." - Hemingway

TheElegantShadow

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2014, 07:56:15 pm »
Quote from: HarpingHawke;157148
If you hang up the seed pods of liquidambar trees (otherwise known as sweet gum trees) and tie 'em up with red thread, then hang them, they're supposed to be good for protection. Also, parsley is said to attract money. According to lore, making bottle trees traps spirits and disperses them in daylight.

Oooh. Thank you, and sorry for the late reply! ^_^

I've been getting into herbalism, among a few other things, and I've heard that quite a few have some value in the protection of home, attraction of fortune, etc. Hmm... I'm not sure whether or not there are any Sweet Gum Trees where I am, I'll have to do some looking!

Ironic, I just bought some Parsley not too long ago. Does simply owning it do the trick, or is there some requirement that must be met/method to trigger it?

Oh, wow, I've heard of that, but I wasn't sure how it worked. That'll come in handy one day! :o

Thank you again. This was very helpful. :)
"Remember that a question is not a challenge to you as a person, but merely a request for information." I need to remind myself of this, at times. XD

Viv

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2014, 07:18:22 pm »

You might want to research mojo/gris-gris bags. I have a friend who makes these. Basically, she fills small drawstring bags (usually muslin bags from the local craft store)with protective herbs, crystals and sea salt.  Then she hangs one above each door of her home. She renews the ingredients every six months. She also has small round mirrors in her windows to reverse/repel negativity sent her way.

She recommends The Magical Household: Spells & Rituals for the Home by Scott Cunningham for more ideas.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2014, 07:19:41 pm by Viv »
"As every cat lover knows, nobody owns a cat." ~Ellen Perry Berkeley

AKA: windshadow; hesperia

Chabas

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2014, 09:05:55 am »
Quote from: Viv;157720

A Reminder:
A side note:  Your signature does not meet our requirements.  Our signature guidelines specify that avatars may not contain animations.  I have to ask you to please remove the animated image.

This isn't a formal warning, just a heads-up.  No reply is necessary, but if you have questions or need clarification, please feel free to contact a member of staff privately.

Thanks!

Viv

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2014, 04:46:07 pm »
Quote from: Chabas;157815
A Reminder:
A side note:  Your signature does not meet our requirements.  Our signature guidelines specify that avatars may not contain animations.  I have to ask you to please remove the animated image.

This isn't a formal warning, just a heads-up.  No reply is necessary, but if you have questions or need clarification, please feel free to contact a member of staff privately.

Thanks!

Done. Thanks for the heads up Chabas :)
"As every cat lover knows, nobody owns a cat." ~Ellen Perry Berkeley

AKA: windshadow; hesperia

Juniperberry

• Grand Master Member
  • Banned!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2014, 09:40:29 pm »

Whenever I've moved somewhere I've put a penny at each corner of my property. One for prosperity, one for happiness, one for good health, and one for protection. Once in a blue moon (not literally) I'll redo that.

I also draw hex signs on stones and place them appropriately. Like the Sun, rain, fertility would go by the garden gate.

And then I burn sage every once in awhile.
The pace of progress in artificial intelligence (I’m not referring to narrow AI) is incredibly fast. [...] The risk of something seriously dangerous happening is in the five year timeframe. 10 years at most.--Elon Musk

I am in the camp that is concerned about super intelligence," [Bill] Gates wrote. "First the machines will do a lot of jobs for us and not be super intelligent. That should be positive if we manage it well. A few decades after that though the intelligence is strong enough to be a concern. I agree with Elon Musk and some others on this and don\'t understand why some people are not concerned."

HarpingHawke

• Staff
    • View Profile
  • Religion: shapeshifting, witchery, polytheism. under endless construction.
  • Preferred Pronouns: they/them
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2014, 10:49:43 pm »
Quote from: TheElegantShadow;157621

Ironic, I just bought some Parsley not too long ago. Does simply owning it do the trick, or is there some requirement that must be met/method to trigger it?

Thank you again. This was very helpful. :)

I think you can stick it in your wallet and carry it around. Growing it probably helps, too. I haven't done too much with it but I'm pretty certain that works.

Oh, and no problem! Glad I could help.
"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self." - Hemingway

Tags: