Re: Cill Shift Schedule by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 11:04:57 pm]

Re: Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 11:21:37 pm]

Re: Spring Has Sprung! 2024 Edition by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 10:24:10 pm]

Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by Altair
[March 21, 2024, 02:52:34 pm]

Author Topic: What did my ex do and what was that orange light?  (Read 9351 times)

random417

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
Re: What did my ex do and what was that orange light?
« Reply #30 on: August 27, 2014, 01:11:32 pm »
Quote from: carillion;157206
And there is no place you will find such a thing. 'Paranormal' and 'answers' cancel each other out and 'pagan' is not a singular unified term.
Paranormal and answers don't always cancel each other out. The answers tend to be less concrete, but that's due to approaching a non scientifically based area of study from what should according to my understanding of the paradigm be a scientific mindset... I'm hardly an Expert, but I know a few people that are paranormal investigators.

What we'll do here, if this is what you want is I'll ask a few questions, then I'll share the answers with my experts.
I'm guessing you're most concerned with the orange light, so all these questions are specifically for immediately before, during and after that event.

What physical manifestations did you experience? Specifically cold or hot spots, any unusual smells that sort of thing?

How old is the house/apartment in question? What is the layout of power lines, rivers and other landmarks surrounding the area?

Were there any new objects brought into the place around the same time? Also any construction?

I tend to think that there may be a root cause, but I also think your bi polar probably blows it up past what actually happened. Fortunately, whatever is going on, facts and questions should establish what's going on.

Also, as a side note, I work in a Ceremonial magick framework, and DO work with the Christian concept of demons. It's not a focus of my practice, but I'd consider myself knowledgeable enough.
"Let it be that state of manyhood bound and loathing. So with thy all; thou hast no right but to do thy will. Do that and no other shall say nay. For pure will, unassuaged of purpose, delivered from the lust of result, is in every way perfect."

AL 1:42-44

veggiewolf

• Adept Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 27, 2014, 02:29:50 pm »
Quote from: missgraceless;157256

Sorry. Couldn't help myself.

*** MOD HAT ON ***
missgraceless,

Arguing with or discussing a moderator call in the thread is against our Forum Rules -- which you agreed to read and follow when you registered your account. Quoting from the rules:

DO NOT argue with, comment on, complain about, criticize, or otherwise discuss staff decisions on rules issues in public in Cauldron community areas. If you think a decision that directly affects you is incorrect, you may make an appeal in private in accordance with our Moderation Appeal Guidelines.

What's more, you know this, since you are commenting on a similar warning

This is a formal rules violation warning. Please carefully re-read the Forum Rules before making any more posts to this message board.[/mod]
« Last Edit: August 28, 2014, 04:53:08 pm by veggiewolf »
Fluid Morality - my spiritual blog
Eating Monsters - my mental health blog

"Religion does not define a deity- it defines the human approach and interpretation of deity." - Juni
"I hate magical thinking in my magic." - Darkhawk
"...a baseball club; a soccer unkindness; a hockey murder; a football team..." - Cecil, Welcome to Night Vale

SunflowerP

• Host
  • Don't teach your grandmother to suck eggs!
    • View Profile
    • If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough
  • Religion: Eclectic religious Witchcraft
  • Preferred Pronouns: sie/hir/hirs/hirself
« Reply #32 on: August 27, 2014, 07:55:06 pm »
Quote from: Alasse;157200
Also how can one find out who their spirit allie is or god/goddess?

If this is a new question, separate from the questions about your ex, the orange light, etc, you would be much more likely to get answers if you made a new thread for them.

Sunflower
I'm the AntiFa genderqueer commie eclectic wiccan Mod your alt-right bros warned you about.
I do so have a life; I just live part of it online!
“Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.” - Oscar Wilde
"Nobody's good at anything until they practice." - Brina (Yewberry)
My much-neglected blog "If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough"

Tay Redgrave

• Journeyman
  • Devil May Cry's a rockin'
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Polytheistic Hedgewitch
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
« Reply #33 on: August 28, 2014, 04:12:22 pm »
Quote from: Alasse;157200
I guess it would not hurt but to ask is Lucifer really truly evil I do not think he is like I do not believe demons are truly evil.

Depends on one's viewpoints and experiences, really. You seem to see demons as not truly evil so if demons aren't truly evil, why would Lucifer be different? Tada! Answer to your question. Sorry if that sounded sarcastic, but how you view entities and their nature basically answers your questions on how [name of entity] is like or their goodness/evilness. Hard to give a solid answer to something someone already answered themselves.

Faemon

• Grand Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 28, 2014, 04:27:25 pm »
Quote from: LuciferaRose;157449
Hard to give a solid answer to something someone already answered themselves.

That's what I said.

Not that I've never needed to bounce my own blind spots off of somebody else to connect the dots properly or anything.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2014, 04:28:35 pm by Faemon »
The Codex of Poesy: wishcraft, faelatry, alchemy, and other slight misspellings.
the Otherfaith: Chromatic Genderbending Faery Monarchs of Technology. DeviantArt

Alasse

• Sr. Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 28, 2014, 11:14:43 pm »
Quote from: random417;157257
Paranormal and answers don't always cancel each other out. The answers tend to be less concrete, but that's due to approaching a non scientifically based area of study from what should according to my understanding of the paradigm be a scientific mindset... I'm hardly an Expert, but I know a few people that are paranormal investigators.

What we'll do here, if this is what you want is I'll ask a few questions, then I'll share the answers with my experts.
I'm guessing you're most concerned with the orange light, so all these questions are specifically for immediately before, during and after that event.

What physical manifestations did you experience? Specifically cold or hot spots, any unusual smells that sort of thing?

How old is the house/apartment in question? What is the layout of power lines, rivers and other landmarks surrounding the area?

Were there any new objects brought into the place around the same time? Also any construction?

I tend to think that there may be a root cause, but I also think your bi polar probably blows it up past what actually happened. Fortunately, whatever is going on, facts and questions should establish what's going on.

Also, as a side note, I work in a Ceremonial magick framework, and DO work with the Christian concept of demons. It's not a focus of my practice, but I'd consider myself knowledgeable enough.

Ok as for the first question yes there were cold spots a lot, I would hear whispering when I was in the hall way or by myself, I would feel cold chills and the windows and the AC were totally off I checked every rational thing to rule it out and came up with nothing there was no answer as to the cold spots and such. And no smells but my cat reacted very oddly she refused to come upstairs which was a loft with 2 open bedrooms up there and 1 down stairs we had a storage cabinet under the stairs when I would open it she would run under the coach and hiss like crazy.

Honestly I do not know how old it was as it had been updated inside and out, The layout of the power lines they were across the street the river was a good 2 miles away give or take and there was a lake which was a good mile away.

Yes I brought my amulet that I had received as a gift it was brownish and of a sort of clay on string it has like a shell type of design in the middle before that orange light thing happened my amulet disappeared about 1 month prior and I never found it. No construction was going on but we did live across from a company called Becker's Tires it is where you can buy tires and such not sure what else about it tho but that company owns the land that the house sits on tho.

I was not diagnosed with bipolar until after the incident it happened before I was diagnosed with it. But I was just trying to figure out what it meant etc and if perhaps your friends can help figure it out I am open to it.
:thup:Alasse:thup:

Alasse

• Sr. Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 28, 2014, 11:16:08 pm »
Quote from: RandallS;157250
[mod=Host Hat On]Arguing with or discussing a moderator call in the thread is against our Forum Rules -- which you agreed to read and follow when you registered your account. Quoting from the rules:

This is a formal rules violation warning. Please carefully re-read the Forum Rules before making any more posts to this message board.[/mod]
Ok I am sorry wasn't trying to be rude I apologize.
:thup:Alasse:thup:

carillion

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 28, 2014, 11:37:44 pm »
Quote from: Alasse;157538
But I was just trying to figure out what it meant etc and if perhaps your friends can help figure it out I am open to it.

Judging by your refutations of the various suggestions already given it seems your ontological schema is fairly robust. So I would like to ask: what do *you* think the orange light was? How does it fit into your extent beliefs/world view?

random417

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 28, 2014, 11:49:48 pm »
Quote from: Alasse;157538
Ok as for the first question yes there were cold spots a lot, I would hear whispering when I was in the hall way or by myself, I would feel cold chills and the windows and the AC were totally off I checked every rational thing to rule it out and came up with nothing there was no answer as to the cold spots and such. And no smells but my cat reacted very oddly she refused to come upstairs which was a loft with 2 open bedrooms up there and 1 down stairs we had a storage cabinet under the stairs when I would open it she would run under the coach and hiss like crazy.

Honestly I do not know how old it was as it had been updated inside and out, The layout of the power lines they were across the street the river was a good 2 miles away give or take and there was a lake which was a good mile away.

Yes I brought my amulet that I had received as a gift it was brownish and of a sort of clay on string it has like a shell type of design in the middle before that orange light thing happened my amulet disappeared about 1 month prior and I never found it. No construction was going on but we did live across from a company called Becker's Tires it is where you can buy tires and such not sure what else about it tho but that company owns the land that the house sits on tho.

I was not diagnosed with bipolar until after the incident it happened before I was diagnosed with it. But I was just trying to figure out what it meant etc and if perhaps your friends can help figure it out I am open to it.

I'll see my best resource for this on Sunday, I'll share with her, but my guess...

Cold spots and no smells tend towards things that take in energy, demons put it out... probably not a demon. Tire places can put out subsonics, which drove my dog nuts when we lived close to a junkyard. That may have something to do with the cat's reaction. I did some research, and couldn't find any reference to Nathiesis anywhere.

I would imagine the bipolar plays into this as well, world building and such... but my guess is that you, him, our both of you together have created a thought form, which then of course caused small experiences which fed the construct in your mind... It's a cycle which is hard to break, but if I'm right, the flash was likely the collapse of an unstable thoughtform. That would mean you wouldn't have to worry about it now...

I'll show my friend the thread, and see what she says
"Let it be that state of manyhood bound and loathing. So with thy all; thou hast no right but to do thy will. Do that and no other shall say nay. For pure will, unassuaged of purpose, delivered from the lust of result, is in every way perfect."

carillion

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 29, 2014, 03:10:00 am »
Quote from: random417;157546

I would imagine the bipolar plays into this as well, world building and such... but my guess is that you, him, our both of you together have created a thought form, which then of course caused small experiences which fed the construct in your mind... It's a cycle which is hard to break, but if I'm right, the flash was likely the collapse of an unstable thoughtform. That would mean you wouldn't have to worry about it now...

I'll show my friend the thread, and see what she says

I've never heard of the outward manifestation of the collapse of a 'thought form'. Could you write more on this? Thanks

random417

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 29, 2014, 10:06:05 am »
Quote from: carillion;157555
I've never heard of the outward manifestation of the collapse of a 'thought form'. Could you write more on this? Thanks
Thoughtform in this context I'm using as: created entity like a servitor or fetch, but sometimes (and in this case) created accidentally. Thought I'd define the term, mostly so where I go with this makes sense.

I work a lot with created entities for my practical purpose spell work. When I'm building them on purpose, there's a lot of flexibility in what they can do on a physical level. The long term use ones can achieve a surprising level of interaction. Shiney (use name for my created familiar) takes things all the time. Never while anyone is starting at it, but I'll turn around and the thing I just put on the table will be gone again.

This establishes the possibility of poltergeist type activity from an accidentally created 'form, especially (if I may be blunt, not trying to offend but...) If the energy of bipolar world building fantasies are feeding it.

I never said the flash was physical, but as in touch as they would've been with their own 'form, they would both sense any release of energy as it collapsed. Physical or astral, it may have manifested as light.

Mind you, I've departed from the paranormal aspect into magical theory in explaining, but there you have it.

carillion

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 29, 2014, 09:08:57 pm »
Quote from: random417;157577

I never said the flash was physical, but as in touch as they would've been with their own 'form, they would both sense any release of energy as it collapsed. Physical or astral, it may have manifested as light.

Mind you, I've departed from the paranormal aspect into magical theory in explaining, but there you have it.

So are you suggesting that the 'orange light' was more a projected idea than an actual sensory experience? Similar to, but not exactly the same, as someone experiencing a visceral reaction to something they see: A sort of cross-modality illusion?

random417

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 29, 2014, 09:10:15 pm »
Quote from: carillion;157632
So are you suggesting that the 'orange light' was more a projected idea than an actual sensory experience? Similar to, but not exactly the same, as someone experiencing a visceral reaction to something they see: A sort of cross-modality illusion?

That's my guess. Doesn't detract from the reality of it, but that's my guess

carillion

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 29, 2014, 09:13:47 pm »
Quote from: random417;157633
That's my guess. Doesn't detract from the reality of it, but that's my guess

Sounds reasonable to me. With this explanation, the experience is not required to be *either/or* one phenomenon or another and keeps the door open for further suggestions.

Tags: