collapse

* Recent Posts

Author Topic: DivEx - PrincessAstrid  (Read 928 times)

PrincessAstrid

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
DivEx - PrincessAstrid
« on: August 24, 2014, 10:19:44 am »
Things have been rough for a while and I'd just like some guidance lately. I've lost someone recently that I was very close to due to cancer, and I've lost my childhood pets all within the same month. Aside from that, I've been struggling a lot at work (is this right for me? am I where I should be? should I go back to school? should I just continue with this job and see how far it goes?), along with struggling with a lot of other personal things, mainly a crushing loneliness I just can't seem to shake no matter how much time I spend with my friends. It's not due to mental disorders, I can say that without doubt (I am mentally disordered, but I have it under good control and I can tell the difference between situational and clinical problems; this definitely feels situational).

If anyone would like to help me out here and help me find some guidance or comfort, I would appreciate it. Thanks! PM me if you need more details.

Alice

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: DivEx - PrincessAstrid
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2014, 06:22:00 pm »
Quote from: PrincessAstrid;156979
Things have been rough for a while and I'd just like some guidance lately. I've lost someone recently that I was very close to due to cancer, and I've lost my childhood pets all within the same month. Aside from that, I've been struggling a lot at work (is this right for me? am I where I should be? should I go back to school? should I just continue with this job and see how far it goes?), along with struggling with a lot of other personal things, mainly a crushing loneliness I just can't seem to shake no matter how much time I spend with my friends. It's not due to mental disorders, I can say that without doubt (I am mentally disordered, but I have it under good control and I can tell the difference between situational and clinical problems; this definitely feels situational).

If anyone would like to help me out here and help me find some guidance or comfort, I would appreciate it. Thanks! PM me if you need more details.

First off I'd like to say I'm so sorry for your loss, you'll definitely be in my thoughts.
I can get you a tarot reading sometime tomorrow if you'd like.

PrincessAstrid

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2014, 07:15:12 pm »
Quote from: Alice;157086
First off I'd like to say I'm so sorry for your loss, you'll definitely be in my thoughts.
I can get you a tarot reading sometime tomorrow if you'd like.

Thank you so much, I appreciate it, on both counts. Thank you.

Izzie414

• Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2014, 05:58:31 am »
Quote from: PrincessAstrid;156979

You're in my thoughts as well, grief can be so overwhelming.

PrincessAstrid

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2014, 11:18:59 am »
Quote from: Izzie414;157119
You're in my thoughts as well, grief can be so overwhelming.

Thank you so much. I appreciate it.

Alice

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2014, 06:51:33 pm »
Quote from: PrincessAstrid;157092
Thank you so much, I appreciate it, on both counts. Thank you.

Okay, here it is- I decided to go with a plain old Celtic cross spread. Sorry for the clutter in the picture. Also I hope you like cats, I’m using the Cat’s Eye Tarot :)

What covers you ( the main issue) – Three of Swords. Its hard to see in the picture, but the card depicts the pawprints of a cat who has come across a cottage but has been turned away. It suggests heartbreak and loneliness, which matches what you've said.

What crosses you (an obstacle) – the Queen of Swords. The Queen of Swords is a perceptive, logical, and unflinching card – the fact that she’s in this position makes me think you’re being mentally strong (which isn’t bad, of course) but maybe its distancing you from your emotions and interfering with your grieving process/contributing to your feelings of distance from others.

What’s behind you (past influence)- Five of Wands. The Five of Wands suggests restlessness and conflict/competition.  This might suggest there were some interpersonal conflicts in the past that might be contributing to the situation now.
Whats ahead of you (future influence) –Ace of Swords.  Aces are always exciting. This makes me think there will be an opportunity for a new mental/intellectual pursuit in your near future.

What’s below you (the foundation - hidden influences) – Queen of Pentacles. She’s all about practicality, motherliness and fertility. I think this means you’re in a fertile environment in your mundane life that’ll give you the stability to grow.

What lies above you (the potential in the situation) – The Ten of Cups. I was so happy to have this card here. It depicts complete love, belonging, and emotional security. It suggests that out of this situation there is a potential to regain these things in your life.

You – Knight of Wands. The Knight of Wands is someone who is bold and passionate. You have the power to take hold of any opportunities that come your way.

House (your environment) – Four of Swords. This suggests rest and thoughtfulness. Perhaps some people around you are preoccupied, and inactive in your life. This could be contributing to your loneliness too.

Hopes/Fears – Ten of Wands. In this card a cat is struggling to bring in a snake he’s caught. The number ten suggests an end to one cycle and the beginning of the other. This card could mean you are afraid of being burdened by or struggling to handle even good things (such as new opportunities or responsibilities in work/school, friendships, change etc.) as you move forward.

Outcome – Three of Cups. I’m so glad this is here. It’s about home, community and reciprocated affection.  The number three suggests growth, so it will probably happen as a result of a change or taking hold of one of the opportunities suggested in the other cards.

To summarize, right now you’re experiencing emotional pain (Three of Swords). You may be trying to be dispassionate to avoid these feelings(Queen of Swords), but it goes against your nature (Knight of Wands) and could actually be hurting you more. Some interpersonal conflicts could still be lingering from the past(Five of Wands), but there may be a new mental opportunity (be it school, or something else) in your near future (Ace of Swords). You’re in a good place financially or materially to grow or take advantage of this opportunity (Queen of Pentacles). There is the potential to overcome the situation, form relationships and feel loved (Ten of Cups). The people in your life now may be preoccupied, so they aren’t participating in your life maybe as much as they should (Four of Swords). You’re afraid that in the process of moving forward you could become overwhelmed (Ten of Wands) but in the end, your loneliness will end and the changes you’ve taken advantage of will give you a sense of community and friendship.

So sorry for the wall of text!
« Last Edit: August 26, 2014, 07:40:45 pm by SunflowerP »

PrincessAstrid

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2014, 07:31:18 pm »
Quote from: Alice;157174
[IMG]*reading*

Thank you so much for this! And I love cats. <3

This was spot on, completely. So spot on, I teared up at parts. Especially the part about not really dealing with my grief (in my case, it's in relation to the interpersonal conflicts). The relationship/love/happiness gives me a lot of hope for the future, and for this loneliness situation, especially considering a few things going on right now.

I think the possibility for growth is probably for going back to school, since it mentioned the fear of being overwhelmed. I have the option of either going for management in my current job, or saying no and going back to school for something I would love more, but would pay less. I've just been scared to make a solid decision because I wasn't sure I could handle working full time and schooling.

This has been a big help, and very insightful. And brought up a few things I've been avoiding thinking about, but I know I really should be thinking about and dealing with. Again, thank you so much for taking time out of your day to do this for me.

And your deck is lovely!
« Last Edit: August 26, 2014, 07:32:42 pm by PrincessAstrid »

SunflowerP

• Host
  • Don't teach your grandmother to suck eggs!
    • View Profile
    • If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough
  • Religion: Eclectic religious Witchcraft
  • Preferred Pronouns: sie/hir/hirs/hirself
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2014, 07:42:10 pm »
Quote from: Alice;157174
So sorry for the wall of text!

A Reminder:
Hi, Alice,

We don't mind long posts here, but to avoid the unreadable wall-o'-text, hitting "enter" twice every few lines adds some white space and makes it easier to follow - I've edited yours to add those breaks (several were places where it looked like you'd intended a break, but because you only hit "enter" once, they were just line breaks and didn't have white space), but it's a really good habit to get into yourself.

They don't have to be the "proper" place for paragraph breaks (we're interested in readability more than technicalities), or a complete change of thought - some thoughts take a lot of lines and need to be broken up into sub-thoughts (as I did with what you were saying about altars, f'ex) - as long as they're there.

Sunflower, TC Forum Staff
I'm the AntiFa genderqueer commie eclectic wiccan Mod your alt-right bros warned you about.
I do so have a life; I just live part of it online!
“Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.” - Oscar Wilde
"Nobody's good at anything until they practice." - Brina (Yewberry)
My much-neglected blog "If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough"

Alice

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2014, 09:26:12 am »
Quote from: PrincessAstrid;157176
Thank you so much for this! And I love cats. <3

This was spot on, completely. So spot on, I teared up at parts. Especially the part about not really dealing with my grief (in my case, it's in relation to the interpersonal conflicts). The relationship/love/happiness gives me a lot of hope for the future, and for this loneliness situation, especially considering a few things going on right now.

I think the possibility for growth is probably for going back to school, since it mentioned the fear of being overwhelmed. I have the option of either going for management in my current job, or saying no and going back to school for something I would love more, but would pay less. I've just been scared to make a solid decision because I wasn't sure I could handle working full time and schooling.

This has been a big help, and very insightful. And brought up a few things I've been avoiding thinking about, but I know I really should be thinking about and dealing with. Again, thank you so much for taking time out of your day to do this for me.

And your deck is lovely!

I'm so glad! Thank you so much for feedback. I'm so happy it was helpful.

Tags: