"Christ Is King" by Altair
[Today at 01:09:34 am]

Re: Cill Shift Schedule by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 11:04:57 pm]

Re: Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 11:21:37 pm]

Re: Spring Has Sprung! 2024 Edition by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 10:24:10 pm]

Author Topic: Lapis Lazuli and Past Life Recall?  (Read 3084 times)

rynthae

• View Profile
Lapis Lazuli and Past Life Recall?
« on: August 19, 2014, 03:05:37 pm »
Hello everyone!

I had a bit of an interesting experience and was wondering what you guys think about it.

I ordered a bracelet awhile back online; it was supposed to be amethyst, a stone that I work well with, but I was sent Lapis Lazuli by mistake. Someone suggested that I may have been sent Lapis Lazuli because it is a stone I needed to work with right now, and I wore the bracelet that night.

I've worked with Lapis Lazuli on a couple of occasions, but never very extensively. However, that night when I went to bed, I had a vivid dream, memories of a past life I presume, where I had a friend that looked nothing like my wife and yet I identified them as her in the memory. My friend/wife was framed for a crime she didn't do, and thrown into prison... It seemed like it was some kind of a cover-up for someone important who had broken the law (murder, I think..?) I broke into the prison and snuck her out, and we were on the run after that, trying to keep a low profile and get somewhere safe.

This definitely isn't the first past life I've encountered, but I did think it was interesting that it only surfaced after wearing the Lapis Lazuli. Is it a coincidence? Do you think Lapis might be the key to unlocking the memories of this lifetime even further?

Let me know! :)

Aster Breo

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
Re: Lapis Lazuli and Past Life Recall?
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2014, 03:52:25 pm »
Quote from: rynthae;156452
This definitely isn't the first past life I've encountered, but I did think it was interesting that it only surfaced after wearing the Lapis Lazuli. Is it a coincidence? Do you think Lapis might be the key to unlocking the memories of this lifetime even further?

Reading your post, my first question is:  Why do you assume your dream was a past life memory?
"The status is not quo."  ~ Dr. Horrible

rynthae

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2014, 06:05:10 pm »
Quote from: Aster Breo;156460
Reading your post, my first question is:  Why do you assume your dream was a past life memory?

It is difficult to put feelings and sensations into words, but I will do my best. I am a very active dreamer... I have dreams very often. And I've noticed very distinct sensations/feelings that seem to differ based on if it is (a) just a normal dream, (b) someone else's memory, seeing through someone else's eyes, etc, (c) a past life, (d) astral travel, or (e) a meaningful dream. Normal dreams and meaningful dreams can be extremely vivid for me, but they always have the same sort of sensation as sitting down in a movie theater. I see things happening, and I may have very faint tactile sensation in the dream (like something hitting me), but no other senses. No sense of smell, no sense of cold or warmth usually, no tactile texture. Usually there is also no chronological indicators (sun, moon, or weather phenomena), so that it is difficult to say what time of day or conditions the dream occurred under. The main difference between the two is I will get this almost tugging feeling from a meaningful dream, especially from certain events or appearances in the dream. When I wake up, however, I feel like myself, and although I can be emotionally effected, it doesn't tend to have very lasting effects, with the exception of meaningful dreams which will have a very small nagging feeling that almost say "remember this part".

When I am astral travelling, it is virtually impossible for me to tell easily that I am not awake (because I am awake, sort of). Everything is beyond hyper real. I can feel the cold, dewy grass under my bare feet, and smell the dampness on the air. Weather, the sun/moon/stars/clouds are evident and although the sense of time sometimes differs, it is clearly there. When I wake suddenly from astral travelling (for instance, alarm clock), it literally feels like someone grabbing me by my sternum and yanking hard. It is almost painful, and there is a literal struggle to awaken for just a brief couple of seconds that feels like things are still falling into place (like trying to shove a door open before the deadbolt is pulled out).

When I am seeing through another person's eyes, or encountering someone else's memory or message through dreams, it is definitely more clear and full of sensory input than a dream, but it holds this weird foreign feeling to it. The best explanation I can give is the feeling of something moving around inside of your chest, and knowing that it doesn't belong / isn't usually there. Moreover, if it is a memory or some other kind of first-person dream, there will be a clear disassociation that I feel, almost like I am just sitting inside of someone else's head eating popcorn and watching while they go about whatever they were doing.

Where past lives are involved, I get this extremely nostalgic feeling. It is like dejavu on steroids. Usually I get a chance to glimpse myself and clearly have a different appearance (in real life I have long dark blond hair and am somewhat curvy -- in the dream I was thin and boyish with androgynous short hair and a far more androgynous manner of dressing). Usually the setting feels removed, however, as if it happened far away or long ago -- or both. It feels like me, clearly me, but with a different appearance in a place and time that I am not familiar with. As with other memories, even though it felt very personal and I was doing the actions myself, it had a sense of inevitability, as if what I did was all ready decided or had all ready happened. It was still very vivid (I remember feeling cold, it was raining and dark, I remember the feeling of cold hard concrete as I tried to take shelter in an alley) and has a very clear sense of time passing, along with the weather and chronological markers that dreams usually lack for me. More than this, though, when I wake up from past life memories, I usually experience either a partial or complete past life regression, where I experience this almost frightening dysphoria, wherein I suddenly no longer know which "me" is more real, and I feel the full set of emotions, thoughts, fears, hopes, beliefs, etc that the past life had. In some cases this has included temporary and very prominent gender dysphoria, or a feeling of wrongness of my long hair touching my neck (something that I am normally very used to), or confusion when seeing my clothes, etc.

I could go on and on, and this is still probably the most clearly I could explain myself... so I am sorry if it seems somewhat vague, but the nature of explaining sensations, emotions, thoughts, etc is somewhat difficult in and of itself. I hope that helps.

Faemon

• Grand Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2014, 10:19:03 pm »
Quote from: rynthae;156452

If you think so, then so be it. I have a clear quartz that refuses to be imbued, and an amethyst that doesn't make me psychic but serves as a bridge between fairyland or, I don't know...museland, I guess.

On a psychic level, I now consider stones to have individualities, rather than keeping to some correspondent profile.

You might find this blog very interesting. This spiritworker learned a healing technique by imitating the energy pattern of the stones she worked with, and does intuitive crystal gridding from a chaote-animism perspective, all pretty good stuff!
The Codex of Poesy: wishcraft, faelatry, alchemy, and other slight misspellings.
the Otherfaith: Chromatic Genderbending Faery Monarchs of Technology. DeviantArt

Tags: