collapse

Author Topic: Hello from Florida!  (Read 1508 times)

rynthae

• View Profile
Hello from Florida!
« on: August 19, 2014, 02:49:57 pm »
Hello everyone!

My name is Ryn and I am an ecclectic pagan with Kemetic and Celtic influences, and I have been practicing more or less my whole life. From my earliest memories, I have always been able to glimpse spirits and the Fae, hear them, and work with them. Although I have worked with the dead on a few rare occasions, I typically form bonds with living spirits more often, whether they are from other worlds, Fae, nature spirits, etc. I have worked extensively with many of them, anywhere from channeling them to meeting them astrally.

Some of the spirits I know I have worked with for over ten years now (such as Faeruun, Ahkra, or Arc). Others I only meet once, or once in a great while. I know that not all spirits are friendly, in fact some I have seen were downright malicious, and because of this I am very careful about which spirits I form a connection to.

Other than this, I have worked with stones and herbs a lot, and I am a follower of Anubis, though I also work closely with Bast, Thoth, Diana, and Artemis. The magic that I cast is very free-form and improvised, and yet I find that many of my most powerful workings were done on instinct alone.

I have done a lot of past-life recall, and while some may or may not have been in this world, the earliest one that I can remember was that of a shapeshifter in another world. Perhaps because of his preference for the canine form, I associate strongly with jackals and wolves.

I also do quite a bit of astral travel (spiritwalking), particularly to other worlds.

In my spare time, I have been working hard to grow a butterfly garden and raise butterflies from eggs, and tend to spend a lot of energy and time outdoors. :)

I can't think of what else to mention for now, but please feel free to ask any questions at all and I would be happy to answer!

-Ryn

Morag

• Senior Staff
  • cranky witch mom
    • View Profile
    • Priestess of the 3
  • Religion: Priestess of the 3
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her
Re: Hello from Florida!
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2014, 06:17:05 pm »
Quote from: rynthae;156449

Welcome to the Cauldron, Ryn!
Pray drunk. Hex sober.
Priestess of the 3
"The most powerful god at any given moment is the one who can solve the moment's problem."
-Darkhawk

Sage

• Adept Member
    • View Profile
    • http://sageandstarshine.wordpress.com
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2014, 06:24:07 pm »
In my spare time, I have been working hard to grow a butterfly garden and raise butterflies from eggs, and tend to spend a lot of energy and time outdoors. :)

I can't think of what else to mention for now, but please feel free to ask any questions at all and I would be happy to answer!

-Ryn

Hi there! Welcome to TC!

I'm a newbie gardener but I've always loved the idea of having a really beautiful and lush butterfly garden. How exactly does one grow butterflies from eggs?
Maker, though the darkness comes upon me,
I shall embrace the light. I shall weather the storm.
I shall endure.
What you have created, no one can tear asunder.

-Canticle of Trials 1:10

Sage and Starshine (my spiritual blog): last updated 2/25.
Friday Otherfaith Blogging: last updated 2/27
Join the Emboatening Crew over on Kiva! Emboatening the boatless since Opet 2013.

rynthae

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2014, 06:33:00 pm »
Quote from: Sage;156494
Hi there! Welcome to TC!

I'm a newbie gardener but I've always loved the idea of having a really beautiful and lush butterfly garden. How exactly does one grow butterflies from eggs?

Thanks Sage! I grow different kinds of plants that the butterflies lay their eggs on (called host plants), and those are the same plants that the caterpillars eat when they are young! I try to plant flowers for the adult butterflies to drink nectar from as well. So right now I am growing purple passionflower and corky passionflower for the Gulf Fritillary and Zebra Longwing eggs/caterpillars, Dutchman's Pipevine for the Polydamus Swallowtail eggs/caterpillars, and a few others. :) I just check those plants every once in awhile and I usually find little eggs right at the tips of the plant. I just make a cutting below that part of the plant, keep the cutting from drying out, and wait for the eggs to hatch and the caterpillars to start eating. Then I just throw in more leaves as they eat them up, and when they get big I put a stick in there for them to make a chrysalis on. :D

Quote from: Morag;156493
Welcome to the Cauldron, Ryn!

Thanks, Morag! :)

Voren

• Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: spiritual
  • Preferred Pronouns: Xe/Xir/Xes
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2014, 08:30:52 pm »
Hello everyone!

My name is Ryn and I am an ecclectic pagan with Kemetic and Celtic influences, and I have been practicing more or less my whole life. From my earliest memories, I have always been able to glimpse spirits and the Fae, hear them, and work with them. Although I have worked with the dead on a few rare occasions, I typically form bonds with living spirits more often, whether they are from other worlds, Fae, nature spirits, etc. I have worked extensively with many of them, anywhere from channeling them to meeting them astrally.

Some of the spirits I know I have worked with for over ten years now (such as Faeruun, Ahkra, or Arc). Others I only meet once, or once in a great while. I know that not all spirits are friendly, in fact some I have seen were downright malicious, and because of this I am very careful about which spirits I form a connection to.

Other than this, I have worked with stones and herbs a lot, and I am a follower of Anubis, though I also work closely with Bast, Thoth, Diana, and Artemis. The magic that I cast is very free-form and improvised, and yet I find that many of my most powerful workings were done on instinct alone.

I have done a lot of past-life recall, and while some may or may not have been in this world, the earliest one that I can remember was that of a shapeshifter in another world. Perhaps because of his preference for the canine form, I associate strongly with jackals and wolves.

I also do quite a bit of astral travel (spiritwalking), particularly to other worlds.

-Ryn

Greetings and welcome
-Voren
(aka Sou\'r-Ghi\'den)

The Singularity

rynthae

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2014, 10:00:27 pm »
Quote from: Voren;156514
Greetings and welcome

Thanks! :D