Re: "Christ Is King" by SirPalomides
[Today at 04:12:49 pm]

"Christ Is King" by Altair
[Today at 01:09:34 am]

Re: Cill Shift Schedule by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 11:04:57 pm]

Re: Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 11:21:37 pm]

Author Topic: Advice please: I'm 8mths pregnant and husband has made me take down my altar  (Read 9354 times)

HeartShadow

• Adept Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.flamekeeping.org
Re: Advice please: I'm 8mths pregnant and husband has made me take down my altar
« Reply #30 on: September 16, 2014, 07:58:11 am »
Quote from: Wimsaur;159104
You people are so judgemental. Morality is not a shield. Try thinking.

Thinking says you are offering bad advice about the wrong thing at the worst time.

Tom

• Master Member
    • View Profile
    • http://serpentinetom.wordpress.com
Re: Advice please: I'm 8mths pregnant and husband has made me take down my altar
« Reply #31 on: September 16, 2014, 08:03:09 am »
They are thinking. Unfortunately for you, what they are thinking about is the fact that your idea is not only incorrect,  but misleading and entirely inappropriate to the situation. The primary concern here is that of the person's safety, not if they would able to keep any material possessions that they may or may not have.

You may have intended your original statement to be comforting, but instead it comes off as callous.

Faemon

• Grand Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 16, 2014, 10:00:04 am »

The same could be said of you, more accurately.

First, how do you think we even come to our judgments in the first place if we don't think? You're the one who's not trying.

Second, "morality is not a shield"? What, so you serve the opposite purpose? You purposely said something on the edge of immoral just for the sake of it, trolling? That sounds more like judgement that comes from attitude without thinking.

Quote from: Wimsaur;159028
Your belief that my remark is inappropriate is noted. I disagree.

With what proof? Nobody said that they owned the house. That's a fact. You brought in gender privilege without even considering religious underprivilege. That's not just wrong, that's incorrect and inaccurate.

If you meant your remark to be a comfort, the effect it has was that of being specious, which is worse than callous.
The Codex of Poesy: wishcraft, faelatry, alchemy, and other slight misspellings.
the Otherfaith: Chromatic Genderbending Faery Monarchs of Technology. DeviantArt

sea

• Sr. Newbie
    • View Profile
Quote from: Shan;155525

I guess I'm just embarrassed and ashamed that my marriage is failing in its first year....
I've been too ashamed to tell my friends/family.

Embarrassed, ashamed - hey many people have felt this way. But your description doesn't suggest for a moment that you should feel like that and I have to say my experience of a situation like this has taught me - it doesn't get better. It just doesn't.

I really hope that you were able to move on and get somewhere safe for you and your baby to reside.

Prayers and blessings to you Shan, wherever you are.

SilverSpring

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
Quote from: sea;171797

I really hope that you were able to move on and get somewhere safe for you and your baby to reside.

Prayers and blessings to you Shan, wherever you are.

I second this and truly hope she is safe and happy.

Valeria Crowe

• Master Member
    • View Profile
    • http://thesallowbeldam.tumblr.com/
Quote from: SilverSpring;172405
I second this and truly hope she is safe and happy.

Sea and Silver, you do realize that the last post before Sea resurrected this thread was months and months ago, right? The OP is long gone and not reading your posts, however well meant.
"This is a sorrow-spider. Which end do you hold it by? TRICK QUESTION!"

carillion

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
Quote from: Cuthwin Crowe;172406
Sea and Silver, you do realize that the last post before Sea resurrected this thread was months and months ago, right? The OP is long gone and not reading your posts, however well meant.

Don't believe in the power of good vibes even in the absence of the one being sent them then?:)

SilverSpring

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
Quote from: Cuthwin Crowe;172406

Pretty sure that was addressed when she said 'where ever you are' :D:.  We realize that she will most likely never see this but sending her good vibes and well wished is a good thing to put out in the universe despite if it is seen by the OP.

Caliban

• Jr. Newbie
    • View Profile
Quote from: Shan;155461

So I guess my question is, how can I ask the God and Goddess for help now that I don't have an altar?

The magic isn't in the shrine. It is in your heart, and your reverence for the Lord and Lady, who are manifest in all things.

However, it is helpful to have a focus.  My suggestions is, use a living tree that has an energy that feels welcoming to you. Trees connect us to the Otherworlds by sinking roots beneath the Earth and reaching branches into the sky. They are natural symbols of our connection to the unseen.

Quote from: Shan;155461
Also, if anyone has any good advice on saving a marriage, I'd love to hear it!

Thanks for reading my post :)

This is not what you are going to want to hear, but it is the truth.

If he cannot accept a religion you sincerely hold in your heart, if he cannot respect you and accept you and love you as you are on your own terms, this marriage is not worth keeping.

His behavior is emotionally abusive, and I worry for your safety and that of your child.

Walk away and don't look back.

Tags: