Re: Cill Shift Schedule by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 11:04:57 pm]

Re: Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 11:21:37 pm]

Re: Spring Has Sprung! 2024 Edition by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 10:24:10 pm]

Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by Altair
[March 21, 2024, 02:52:34 pm]

Author Topic: Meditating/asking the gods which of them are working with me etc  (Read 1296 times)

Hipporadish

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
What's the best way of doing this? I'm not sure of the best way to go about this I.e. When? Where? What to ask? What to look for in terms of answer?

I'm really not good at these things and I want to find my way.

Elyria

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Meditating/asking the gods which of them are working with me etc
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2014, 02:09:57 pm »
Quote from: Hipporadish;155254
What's the best way of doing this? I'm not sure of the best way to go about this I.e. When? Where? What to ask? What to look for in terms of answer?

I'm really not good at these things and I want to find my way.

I've tried meditating multiple times to meet the God/dess that wants to work with me. But I believe it only actually worked twice.

Before you start, say aloud that you wish to make contact with your God or Goddess. Typically, how I meditate, is I just clear my head (obviously), visualize myself getting up from wherever I'm at, walking to the nearest closed door, and opening it. I allow myself to see whatever they want me to see. I used to create my own "safe place," but I found this way to be much more intimate. Then I can meet the God/dess on their own terms, in their own environment.

Experience the place they take you. Interact with it. Then when you get to the end of the path, if there is no one there waiting for you, ask them to join you. You should see them materialize, slowly. See what they look like -- hair color, clothing, etc. Ask their names. If you can't understand, ask more about them. What they rule over, what their specialties are, their animals.

I met Lilith once, in a forest at night near a lake. The moon was huge and full and the stars were all colors of the rainbow. She spoke with me about many things.

Then recently (see my post in the Gods and Goddess thread), I met the Morrigan and the Dadga in a beautifully lit forest with two streams running through it. I got the Morrigan's name right away, but the Dagda took some questioning. I had to go online afterwards and do some research, because I had never heard of him before.

It really is magical. :) I hope you figure it out. Good luck!
« Last Edit: August 09, 2014, 02:11:21 pm by Elyria »

Hipporadish

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Meditating/asking the gods which of them are working with me etc
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2014, 02:52:56 am »
Quote from: Elyria;155255
I've tried meditating multiple times to meet the God/dess that wants to work with me. But I believe it only actually worked twice.

Before you start, say aloud that you wish to make contact with your God or Goddess. Typically, how I meditate, is I just clear my head (obviously), visualize myself getting up from wherever I'm at, walking to the nearest closed door, and opening it. I allow myself to see whatever they want me to see. I used to create my own "safe place," but I found this way to be much more intimate. Then I can meet the God/dess on their own terms, in their own environment.

Experience the place they take you. Interact with it. Then when you get to the end of the path, if there is no one there waiting for you, ask them to join you. You should see them materialize, slowly. See what they look like -- hair color, clothing, etc. Ask their names. If you can't understand, ask more about them. What they rule over, what their specialties are, their animals.

I met Lilith once, in a forest at night near a lake. The moon was huge and full and the stars were all colors of the rainbow. She spoke with me about many things.

Then recently (see my post in the Gods and Goddess thread), I met the Morrigan and the Dadga in a beautifully lit forest with two streams running through it. I got the Morrigan's name right away, but the Dagda took some questioning. I had to go online afterwards and do some research, because I had never heard of him before.

It really is magical. :) I hope you figure it out. Good luck!

I meditated here is my transcript of what happened

I opened the door there was a deciduous forest. A large tree with three huge branches was in front go me I walked towards it and touched it then appeared a woman flame hair, middle aged but timeless, white dress green cloak. Said I am light, I am health, I am knowledge. I asked her name she said Brighid I asked whether there was also a god trying to work with me.
Man black haired celtic sharp features to face clothing kept changing from white to brown leather armour. sea god? Said he was storm, and fierce but also calm and placid, unpredictable changeable destined for me due to family history. (Naval history)
I asked if I was celtic or egyptian pagan because of my strong connection with Ma'at.  Brighid said I was both. The celtic is me searching for my roots/ancestry, my Scottish roots, that I am celtic of background and the celtic side is me looking to nature and something more primal.
Brighid said always remember Ma'at
Ma'at appeared stood in front of the others.
Ma'at then stepped towards me as the others turned hand in hand to leave. She said always remember me above others. Worship others but know that she is my primary my heart and together we are strong. I asked her which egyptian god I should venerate she advised me to look at the two books on egyptian mythology I have then meditate again. She said I had not found him yet and images if the gods I have looked at passed before me and faded Anubis, Thoth, Osiris and Horus. She then faded into the sky and I returned.

Any thoughts or comments greatly received

Tags: