collapse

* Recent Posts

Author Topic: spells to restore energy  (Read 1137 times)

feigi

• Sr. Newbie
    • View Profile
spells to restore energy
« on: August 09, 2014, 01:16:14 pm »
Has anyone used any spells to help gain more energy? My entire life I've suffered from chronic, debilitating fatigue. Doctors can't find anything wrong with me and just told me to make lifestyle changes which has never worked. It's gotten much worse lately and it's to the point where it's interfering with my entire life. I've decided to take matters into my own hands and plan to perform the spell during tomorrow night's super moon. Only problem is I can't find any helpful sources on the matter and I'm not very good at coming up with my own spells off the top of my head.

Has anyone on here tried anything similar and wouldn't mind allowing me to reference it? Also, do you think this spell would work fine on the super moon or should I wait until the new moon?

Olie

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
Re: spells to restore energy
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2014, 11:25:13 pm »
Quote from: feigi;155251
Has anyone used any spells to help gain more energy? My entire life I've suffered from chronic, debilitating fatigue. Doctors can't find anything wrong with me and just told me to make lifestyle changes which has never worked. It's gotten much worse lately and it's to the point where it's interfering with my entire life. I've decided to take matters into my own hands and plan to perform the spell during tomorrow night's super moon. Only problem is I can't find any helpful sources on the matter and I'm not very good at coming up with my own spells off the top of my head.

Has anyone on here tried anything similar and wouldn't mind allowing me to reference it? Also, do you think this spell would work fine on the super moon or should I wait until the new moon?

welll its already past the full moon... but i heard that puttin ginger or cayanne pepper on the tip of yur tongue helps give ya energy. also you could try learnin to absorb energy from around you. that helps for me a lot when im feelin sleepy

feigi

• Sr. Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2014, 03:03:19 am »
Quote from: Olie;155539
welll its already past the full moon... but i heard that puttin ginger or cayanne pepper on the tip of yur tongue helps give ya energy. also you could try learnin to absorb energy from around you. that helps for me a lot when im feelin sleepy

Thanks. I will give that a try :)

KonJelen

• Sr. Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2014, 07:27:41 am »

Hey! I have a very similar problem, which can probably tell you that I won't be able to help you much, but I'm at least going to try:)

Firstly, have you tried doing any kind of divination to define the possible causes? Any method most familiar and suitable to you may at least give a hint as to where the problem lies.
There could be some hidden physical causes, or meta-physical ones. Theoretically, it could be the result of some chakras being blocked (then some work on aligning the chakras might help), or unwanted energetic baggage accumulated (negativity etc - in this case you should probably begin with thorough cleansing. But cleansing is a good idea in any case, I think), or negative environmental influences, or even some minor entities attached to and feeding off you... Or something else entirely.
I'm enumerating all these just to give you an idea on what questions you might pose during the divination, not to indicate that any of this is necessarily the case. Also, I'm not a big expert on magic (nor even a small one), but "divinatory diagnostic" is what I've been told to do first and foremost before any magical working. Anyway, might be something to begin with.

Secondly, depending on the kind of magic you do, moon phases and conditions might not be actually that important, so don't worry too much if you've missed some particular time frame!
Moreover, if moon phases are important to you and your practice, I believe you can adjust practically any spell to fit with the current phase. Is the moon waning? Phrase the spell goal as "Getting rid of fatigue", for example. Is it waxing? Then the goal would be "Increasing energy levels". Is it a full moon? Jack-pot! It's generally suitable for any magical workings. New moon? Depends on the tradition, but I'd think of formulating the goal as "Energetical rebirth" or something.
Of course, the deeper you're into astrology, the more strongly it influences your work and the more nuances it has, so that's just my lazy, moon-phase-ignoring perspective!
Also, this might depend on who you ask, but rune magic, for ex., is said to not depend on moon phases at all.
Therefore, in my opinion, if you believe the moon will additionally boost the effect, it very well might, but if you don't - there won't be any hindrance to your spells, anyway.

Thirdly, ways of accumulating energy are very individual, I think. I, for example, feel most refreshed in remote areas filled with greenery and without people, sometimes in cemeteries or near historical monuments. The boost of energy doesn't last very long, but it's at least something.
Some magic tutorials also teach how to draw energy from the world around you (I feel like I'm mentioning her a lot recently, but Mya Om does have such exercises in her book "Energy Essentials..." She's definitely not the only one, too).

Now, I'm mostly into rune magic, and I've encountered a few runic formulas for "energizing" yourself. So, if you are ok with runes, I can post a few links to the formulas (my sources are mostly in Russian, though. But the pictures are pictures, and the rest I can explain, too, if you'd like).
Just as an example, probably the easiest runic method comes from Freya Aswynn who advises to "draw" the rune Uruz with your index and middle fingers on the surface of water you're about to drink, imagine the symbol burning red for a minute, then drink the water.

However, runic formulas and other techniques of temporary drawing energy from somewhere only help for a limited period of time if something prevents you from effectively storing it. Which brings us back to the search for causes.
Also, I've come to think that the more energy you actively use, the more will come to you, as that kind of puts you in a natural flow, but if there are some hurdles on its way, it jams, or gets turbulent, or just leaks away.
So, in the end, you might try different ways of accumulating energy and see what sticks, but it might be better to precede or accompany that with some diagnostics.

Also, don't forget about the physical: eating nutritional food, with maybe some additional vitamins, minerals etc, getting enough sleep during the night (I believe that going to bed before 12 is inherently better but rarely if ever manage that myself, oh well).

I, personally, live mostly on temporary fixes, and still haven't come to the point where I'll just make a clear decision to try and do something about my state. I know that time is probably coming, too, but for now I can still afford to delay doing something, and so I am delaying, which in turn makes me more depressed about my own absence of will, which doesn't help... Rinse and repeat.:whis:
So, I actually applaud you and your decisiveness. You're on the right path! And good luck!:)

KonJelen

• Sr. Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2014, 07:54:05 am »
Quote from: KonJelen;155560
[...]Just as an example, probably the easiest runic method comes from Freya Aswynn who advises to "draw" the rune Uruz with your index and middle fingers on the surface of water you're about to drink, imagine the symbol burning red for a minute, then drink the water...

Ahh, sorry, I forgot to mention that this one is not generally recommended to hypertonics. So I thought I'd point it out just in case. Sorry again:ashamed:

feigi

• Sr. Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2014, 12:37:54 pm »
Quote from: KonJelen;155560

Firstly, have you tried doing any kind of divination to define the possible causes? Any method most familiar and suitable to you may at least give a hint as to where the problem lies.
There could be some hidden physical causes, or meta-physical ones. Theoretically, it could be the result of some chakras being blocked (then some work on aligning the chakras might help), or unwanted energetic baggage accumulated (negativity etc - in this case you should probably begin with thorough cleansing. But cleansing is a good idea in any case, I think), or negative environmental influences, or even some minor entities attached to and feeding off you... Or something else entirely.
I'm enumerating all these just to give you an idea on what questions you might pose during the divination, not to indicate that any of this is necessarily the case. Also, I'm not a big expert on magic (nor even a small one), but "divinatory diagnostic" is what I've been told to do first and foremost before any magical working. Anyway, might be something to begin with.

Secondly, depending on the kind of magic you do, moon phases and conditions might not be actually that important, so don't worry too much if you've missed some particular time frame!
Moreover, if moon phases are important to you and your practice, I believe you can adjust practically any spell to fit with the current phase. Is the moon waning? Phrase the spell goal as "Getting rid of fatigue", for example. Is it waxing? Then the goal would be "Increasing energy levels". Is it a full moon? Jack-pot! It's generally suitable for any magical workings. New moon? Depends on the tradition, but I'd think of formulating the goal as "Energetical rebirth" or something.
Of course, the deeper you're into astrology, the more strongly it influences your work and the more nuances it has, so that's just my lazy, moon-phase-ignoring perspective!
Also, this might depend on who you ask, but rune magic, for ex., is said to not depend on moon phases at all.
Therefore, in my opinion, if you believe the moon will additionally boost the effect, it very well might, but if you don't - there won't be any hindrance to your spells, anyway.

Thirdly, ways of accumulating energy are very individual, I think. I, for example, feel most refreshed in remote areas filled with greenery and without people, sometimes in cemeteries or near historical monuments. The boost of energy doesn't last very long, but it's at least something.
Some magic tutorials also teach how to draw energy from the world around you (I feel like I'm mentioning her a lot recently, but Mya Om does have such exercises in her book "Energy Essentials..." She's definitely not the only one, too).

Now, I'm mostly into rune magic, and I've encountered a few runic formulas for "energizing" yourself. So, if you are ok with runes, I can post a few links to the formulas (my sources are mostly in Russian, though. But the pictures are pictures, and the rest I can explain, too, if you'd like).
Just as an example, probably the easiest runic method comes from Freya Aswynn who advises to "draw" the rune Uruz with your index and middle fingers on the surface of water you're about to drink, imagine the symbol burning red for a minute, then drink the water.

Wow, that was so much helpful information! Thank you!
I don't know why I never thought about divination, that seems so obvious now. I will definitely take a look at the cards and see what they say. I have thought about cleansing I've just been waiting for the right time. Sometimes I'm so tired I think about it and I'm like, "I'll do it tomorrow" haha.

I am very interested in rune magic but I haven't found any good sources other than basic meanings and uses and it all seems very confusing. How do you use the formulas? I've thought about putting runes up around the house but is there some ritual to it? Do you have to say a prayer? I would greatly appreciate the links you mentioned.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2014, 12:41:33 pm by feigi »

baduhmtisss

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Undefined
  • Preferred Pronouns: She/Her
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2014, 12:40:05 pm »

Has your doctor checked things like Iron levels, your thyroid, or your heart, or anything else that could cause chronic fatigue?  My mother suffered from chronic fatigue and an inability to do any sort of exertion for years, only to find out she had a heart murmur that was causing it.

Physical issues should be ruled out before one tries magic as a means to fix a physical problem. This sounds like a really big health issue, that needs medical care and attention, rather then a magical fix.
Undefined religion | Parrot Mom | Disaster Reservist

feigi

• Sr. Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2014, 03:14:44 pm »
Quote from: Raine;155584
Has your doctor checked things like Iron levels, your thyroid, or your heart, or anything else that could cause chronic fatigue?  My mother suffered from chronic fatigue and an inability to do any sort of exertion for years, only to find out she had a heart murmur that was causing it.

Physical issues should be ruled out before one tries magic as a means to fix a physical problem. This sounds like a really big health issue, that needs medical care and attention, rather then a magical fix.

I have been checked for anemia, diabetes, thyroid, Addison's disease and a few others. Everything came up fine. Did your mother have black outs, difficulty breathing or dizzy spells when she exerted herself? Because that sounds very similar to my problem. I do have heart palpitations that get so bad I feel like my heart is going to stop all together but the doctors can never catch it when it happens so they think I'm a hypochondriac.

That is the last physical reason I could think of. I really think something spiritual might be contributing. I am an empath but I've only just started my metaphysical practices a few months ago so I've never done a cleansing on myself.

Thank you all for being so helpful

Jenett

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
    • Seeking: First steps on a path
  • Religion: Initiatory religious witchcraft
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2014, 04:50:32 pm »
Quote from: feigi;155599

That is the last physical reason I could think of. I really think something spiritual might be contributing. I am an empath but I've only just started my metaphysical practices a few months ago so I've never done a cleansing on myself.

If you haven't been checked for Vitamin D deficiency, you might add that to the list. And if someone hasn't specifically checked ferritin, it's a different test than the usual anemia one.

Also, it's worth getting the actual numbers for test results for thyroid: there are disagreements in the medical community about when things are treated: I was *highly* symptomatic and non-functional at a TSH of 3.0 (which is just on the borderline for diagnosis under the more recent (c. 2004) test standards, but I had lots of other symptoms and medicating has helped.

In particular, Hashimoto's thyroiditis (which is the most common thing that causes hypothyroid in the US and some other places) can have swings between exhaustion/fatigue/etc. and hyperthyroid symptoms (including dizziness or palpatations.)

If you haven't talked to a suitable medical professional about anxiety, that would also be something to do. (Anxiety would likely involve you doing some tracking on when you feel worse and better, but that's likely a good thing for you anyway.)

Anyway, on the energetic side, my website has some material on core skills that might help you (see http://gleewood.org/seeking/practices/) and also an essay on practice and chronic health issues that might give you some other ideas (see http://gleewood.org/seeking/practices/chronic-illness/)
Seek Knowledge, Find Wisdom: Research help on esoteric and eclectic topics (consulting and other services)

Seeking: first steps on a Pagan path (advice for seekers and people new to Paganism)

baduhmtisss

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Undefined
  • Preferred Pronouns: She/Her
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2014, 05:18:22 pm »
Quote from: feigi;155599
I have been checked for anemia, diabetes, thyroid, Addison's disease and a few others. Everything came up fine. Did your mother have black outs, difficulty breathing or dizzy spells when she exerted herself? Because that sounds very similar to my problem. I do have heart palpitations that get so bad I feel like my heart is going to stop all together but the doctors can never catch it when it happens so they think I'm a hypochondriac.

Thank you all for being so helpful

Jenett has some wonderful advice.

But yeah, my mother did. She ended up having to have a mechanical valve replacement. I would pressure your doctors for information, and take Jenett's advice. If they continuously refuse to listen to you, I'd find another primary care doc to go through.
Undefined religion | Parrot Mom | Disaster Reservist

katbast

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2014, 09:46:19 pm »

Other than the medical end of it, I would recommend meditation.

When I am exhausted for days on end I try either a guided chakra meditation or a grounding meditation.

Grounding meditation (at least for me) tends to involve just a nice quiet meditation, sitting outdoors or at the beach if I can and envisioning the following: Light (usually purple, cause I like purple) energy flowing from me down to the earth and to the sky. Green (obvious reasons) energy flowing from the earth into me and yellow (the sun) energy flowing into me and all energies flowing back and into each other. Basically a gentle balancing act.

Otherwise for a simpler meditation visualization, roots coming out of my feet and reaching towards the center of the earth and energy interchanging. This is usually something I use more at work to let the energy from the universe flow into my client (I'm a massage therapist) instead of them sucking my energy out.

I know these aren't nifty rituals or spells but I hope they help.

Wind

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2014, 04:16:31 am »

I would look into crystals and runes for this. You can google energy crystals for example and healing runes.  Also, with the Fatigue, have you tried changing your diet? I'm sure your doctors would have told you that should be the first suspect. Things like Lyme disease will cause Fatigue and has a high chance of missing it with the tests they give you. put in your symptoms into google - there will likely be more than just fatigue. You'd be surprised how many symptoms that don't sound related are.

Tags: