collapse

Author Topic: Magpies - Skadi?  (Read 1425 times)

Hipporadish

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
Magpies - Skadi?
« on: July 27, 2014, 04:31:09 pm »
Hi all

I've always been drawn to Skadi in the Norse pantheon and recently magpies have been featuring as a heavy constant symbolism all around me. Is this Skadi trying to get through to me and where can I find out more about her and how to commune with her?

I've read the usual things on her but other than being a snow/hunter goddess/giantess I don't know much else.

Freesia

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
Re: Magpies - Skadi?
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2014, 11:07:17 pm »
Quote from: Hipporadish;154115
Hi all

I've always been drawn to Skadi in the Norse pantheon and recently magpies have been featuring as a heavy constant symbolism all around me. Is this Skadi trying to get through to me and where can I find out more about her and how to commune with her?

I've read the usual things on her but other than being a snow/hunter goddess/giantess I don't know much else.

I'm reading Our Troth vol 1 right now and just finished the chapter on Skadi and other Etin brides. On page 399 the book states that there is no record of Skadi outside of Scandinavian countries and she may have been from Finland or Lapland. She could be the Finnish forest goddess Mielikki. Page 401 states that there are no particular animals dedicated to her, but she is the protector of all wild animals.

Tags: