collapse

Author Topic: Mr Miyagi on Druidry  (Read 2359 times)

Tegan

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
Mr Miyagi on Druidry
« on: July 26, 2014, 09:59:53 am »
I have a budding interest in druidry.  I need peace in my life, and I have always felt more at peace in nature.  Still, in all these questions my mind asks, I feel lost. So, I may be overthinking yet again, but last night while watching The Karate Kid, my mind started to replace the word Karate with the word Druid.  Here's the scene it did that on:

]Mr. Miyagi: Now, ready?
Daniel: Yeah, I guess so.
Mr. Miyagi: [sighs] Daniel-san, must talk. [they both kneel] Walk on road, hm? Walk left side, safe. Walk right side, safe. Walk middle, sooner or later, [makes squish gesture] get squish just like grape. Here, karate, same thing. Either you karate do "yes", or karate do "no". You karate do "guess so", [makes squish gesture] just like grape. Understand?

Any thoughts?

missgraceless

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Eclectic Pagan
Re: Mr Miyagi on Druidry
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2014, 10:29:45 am »
Quote from: Tegan;153984
I have a budding interest in druidry.  I need peace in my life, and I have always felt more at peace in nature.  Still, in all these questions my mind asks, I feel lost. So, I may be overthinking yet again, but last night while watching The Karate Kid, my mind started to replace the word Karate with the word Druid.  Here's the scene it did that on:

Mr. Miyagi: [sighs] Daniel-san, must talk. [they both kneel] Walk on road, hm? Walk left side, safe. Walk right side, safe. Walk middle, sooner or later, [makes squish gesture] get squish just like grape. Here, karate, same thing. Either you karate do "yes", or karate do "no". You karate do "guess so", [makes squish gesture] just like grape. Understand?

Any thoughts?

That could be true with any path. Don't half-ass anything and you're good.
"Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly."   ~ Morticia Addams

NightQueen

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2014, 12:04:52 pm »

Any thoughts?

In the words of another great philosopher, Yoda, "No! Try not. Do or do not do.  There is no try."

In all seriousness these are words to live by.  There's nothing wrong with doing something and it not working out, but if you half-ass things nothing will ever work out.  At least that's what I've found in my own life.

New-Seeker

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2014, 01:37:46 pm »

Any thoughts?

I really like this, and like the other posters have said it's always the best way to do things with commitment. Sadly I've not followed this advice in the past and regretted it!

Tags: