collapse

* Recent Posts

Author Topic: Help! Translating a dream?  (Read 1009 times)

SummerLand

• View Profile
Help! Translating a dream?
« on: July 24, 2014, 04:29:06 am »
Hello all,

I've been reading this forum on and off for several months but have never had the need to post myself until now. Recently I had an extremely vivid dream that seems as though it should mean something or be a sign, but I'm unsure of how to interpret it and would love some assistance.

The dream started with me being dead and standing with a crowd of people in front of the Christian God and a few angels. I was told by one of the angels that because I didn't believe in Jesus that I would be sentenced to hell. (I should probably note, I live smack in the Bible belt of the US, so the fear of hell-fire has been difficult for me to overcome.) In disbelief I stood as everyone else around me cowered in front of God and begged for mercy. Infuriated  I looked straight at God, holding my ground, and told him that he was not worthy to be God if I am more just and merciful than He. I stepped of the edge and plummeted into hell.

When I got there I discovered that many of the demons and even Satan himself were impressed with my balls to stand up to God. Eventually I managed to escape hell and communicate with a man. He carved a statue of me, built me a temple, and I did everything I could for him and anyone else who asked anything of me. By the end of the dream I had a whole cult and was considering leading a rebellion against a corrupt God as I had risen to near godhood myself. I didn't promise my worshipers salvation, I couldn't help with all their problems, but they loved me because I responded to their cries, even if it was just "I can't fix it, but I'll listen." I gave them what I wanted when I had been lost, the simple knowledge that they aren't talking to themselves... that someone actually cared.

This dream has really stuck with me to the point that I can't sleep at night. I was up until four in the morning yesterday drawing a picture of what my goddess statue looked like. It's not out of narcissism, but rather I'm confused and fascinated. Does anyone have any ideas to help me interpret this dream? I would love some assistance.

Thanks!
~Let go or be dragged~

carillion

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
Re: Help! Translating a dream?
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2014, 08:46:05 pm »
Quote from: SummerLand;153776
Hello all,

This dream has really stuck with me to the point that I can't sleep at night. I was up until four in the morning yesterday drawing a picture of what my goddess statue looked like. It's not out of narcissism, but rather I'm confused and fascinated. Does anyone have any ideas to help me interpret this dream? I would love some assistance.

Thanks!

Just off-hand I would say the dream represents you feeling confident in your beliefs at this time. It sounds like you have taken control ( goddess) and can now build on that narrative ( statue). There is still some insecurity there ( the need to slag off 'God') but also it's hopeful - you aren't alone, others are in same situation.

SummerLand

• View Profile
Re: Help! Translating a dream?
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2014, 07:49:42 pm »
Quote from: carillion;153827
Just off-hand I would say the dream represents you feeling confident in your beliefs at this time. It sounds like you have taken control ( goddess) and can now build on that narrative ( statue). There is still some insecurity there ( the need to slag off 'God') but also it's hopeful - you aren't alone, others are in same situation.

Alright, thank you for that insight. I hadn't seen the idea of myself being able to build who I am from the symbolism of the statue, its an intriguing idea!
~Let go or be dragged~

Tags: