"Christ Is King" by Altair
[Today at 01:09:34 am]

Re: Cill Shift Schedule by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 11:04:57 pm]

Re: Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 11:21:37 pm]

Re: Spring Has Sprung! 2024 Edition by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 10:24:10 pm]

Author Topic: Your most *Magickal/Powerful* experience  (Read 4356 times)

BrighidsAura

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
Your most *Magickal/Powerful* experience
« on: July 21, 2014, 09:08:18 pm »
I love hearing personal stories of power and magick! Id love to hear other boardies' stories of when a spell/ritual/prayer/experience took your breath away.

I think the only one that I can really say took my breath away was when my dog passed away. I swear, if I ever had a familiar, he was it. He and I grew up together and when I turned 18, I moved away to another state. Instantly, he got sick. He was diagnosed with cancer--something that many labs end up with--and he got weak and slowly stopped eating. After some time, I came home to visit. My mom told me that he was an entirely different dog when I was there with him and he was actually eating and drinking food which was something he wasn't doing for quite awhile prior to my coming home. When my visit was over and I left, he died shortly after. I still tear up to even tell the story. In the deepest part of my heart, I wonder if this is his soul's way of always being by mine. He died because I left and the only way he could continue to be with me was if he shed his physical form and went with me in spirit. I could cry right now.

Anyway, at first I was in too much shock to really realize what happened. I decided to go home from class and I put an alter together and lit a candle for him. I started talking to him and reaching out to him and suddenly I broke down and bawled. Just wept. I held my arms out on the level that he would have stood and, in my hands, I felt his body. I felt his fur, his shape, his warmth. I felt everything about him. I truly believe his spirit came back and connected with me on a metaphysical level and I was able to feel him one last time.

Thankfully I have another little guy who looks just like him laying by my feet and sometimes I look at him and wonder if my special dog's spirit is going to guide this one. I guess we'll have to see. :)

Share yours!

Sage

• Adept Member
    • View Profile
    • http://sageandstarshine.wordpress.com
Re: Your most *Magickal/Powerful* experience
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2014, 09:26:18 pm »
Quote from: BrighidsAura;153576

Thankfully I have another little guy who looks just like him laying by my feet and sometimes I look at him and wonder if my special dog's spirit is going to guide this one. I guess we'll have to see. :)

Share yours!

I'm sorry to hear about the death of your old friend. <3 I've often wondered, only half-jokingly, if my last dog who passed in 2011 was watching over our family, especially as we moved on and adopted another dog at the beginning of 2013. At the very least, my family jokes about Sandy telling Abby how to avoid bathtime and where the best hiding places for stolen socks might be. ;)

One powerful spiritual experience that sticks with me was when I was still a Baptist. It was 2004 and my family was living with my Baptist grandmother at the time. I was beginning to question my faith and felt unable to even process the fact I thought I wasn't straight. A lot of my prayers were very desperate and unhappy - why can't God show himself to me, why can't I be a good Christian, etc. etc. It was a sad time to be me.

One night Jesus came and sat on my bed. By which I mean I had an overwhelming sense of power and presence just... sitting at the edge of my bed. I'd never quite felt anything before or sense and don't even remember what we said. At the time I'd been taught my only religious options were "Christianity" or "nothing at all" so of course I interpreted this presence as Jesus. Maybe it was, maybe it wasn't. I haven't felt anything like that since. It was very overwhelming and felt very real; unfortunately I'm not doing too good a job of describing it. It was one of those "you just know" instances.

Which, of course, wasn't enough to keep me from deconverting and finding Paganism a few years later. :) By the time I found Christian churches that were queer positive I was a polytheist, which kinda made the Christian thing a no-go for me.
Maker, though the darkness comes upon me,
I shall embrace the light. I shall weather the storm.
I shall endure.
What you have created, no one can tear asunder.

-Canticle of Trials 1:10

Sage and Starshine (my spiritual blog): last updated 2/25.
Friday Otherfaith Blogging: last updated 2/27
Join the Emboatening Crew over on Kiva! Emboatening the boatless since Opet 2013.

BrighidsAura

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2014, 10:22:49 pm »
Quote from: Sage;153581
I'm sorry to hear about the death of your old friend. <3 I've often wondered, only half-jokingly, if my last dog who passed in 2011 was watching over our family, especially as we moved on and adopted another dog at the beginning of 2013. At the very least, my family jokes about Sandy telling Abby how to avoid bathtime and where the best hiding places for stolen socks might be. ;)

One powerful spiritual experience that sticks with me was when I was still a Baptist. It was 2004 and my family was living with my Baptist grandmother at the time. I was beginning to question my faith and felt unable to even process the fact I thought I wasn't straight. A lot of my prayers were very desperate and unhappy - why can't God show himself to me, why can't I be a good Christian, etc. etc. It was a sad time to be me.

One night Jesus came and sat on my bed. By which I mean I had an overwhelming sense of power and presence just... sitting at the edge of my bed. I'd never quite felt anything before or sense and don't even remember what we said. At the time I'd been taught my only religious options were "Christianity" or "nothing at all" so of course I interpreted this presence as Jesus. Maybe it was, maybe it wasn't. I haven't felt anything like that since. It was very overwhelming and felt very real; unfortunately I'm not doing too good a job of describing it. It was one of those "you just know" instances.

Which, of course, wasn't enough to keep me from deconverting and finding Paganism a few years later. :) By the time I found Christian churches that were queer positive I was a polytheist, which kinda made the Christian thing a no-go for me.

What is it with dogs and socks!?!? My new puppy is all about socks.

The Jesus presence is really cool! It's amazing when you can feel that kind of power. What a nice experience!

Jack

• Adept Member
    • View Profile
    • Skyhold
  • Religion: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Preferred Pronouns: they/he
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2014, 11:55:48 pm »
Quote from: Sage;153581
One night Jesus came and sat on my bed. By which I mean I had an overwhelming sense of power and presence just... sitting at the edge of my bed.

I never had an experience like that with Jesus, but it does fit with the impression I've gotten from the friends of mine who are both (a)Christian and (b)likely to respond to that sort of thing.

The first real experience I had one-on-one with a higher power where I experienced them and was overwhelmed by it was with Delirium (the one from Sandman) - after I grew totally frustrated that I couldn't get a response from Jesus, actually. I was having some issues I won't get into here, and when I got radio silence from Jesus, I basically left an open call to anyone who could help.

Delirium answered, and she gave me a... I guess a sense of how my mind works, for good or ill, and that's helped me immensely since then. It's hard to really describe it, but it was the first time I had a real sense of something so large.
Hail Mara, Lady of Good Things!
"The only way to cope with something deadly serious is to try to treat it a little lightly." -Madeleine L'Engle

Jenett

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
    • Seeking: First steps on a path
  • Religion: Initiatory religious witchcraft
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2014, 01:12:22 pm »
I love hearing personal stories of power and magick! Id love to hear other boardies' stories of when a spell/ritual/prayer/experience took your breath away.

I've been trying to figure out how to answer this, because honestly, most of the stories of that kind either take an awful lot of explanation, or they involve other people (some of whose stories I have permission to share in one to one teaching, but not in a public forum).

And then there's the round of initiatory experiences which would take a lot of explaining, except they're oathbound, so I'm not explaining them.

But I did tell a friend a story a couple of days ago that sort of fits here. (We were discussing weather, as one often does in my neck of the woods), and we got on to talking about a bad snow storm she drove through, which, with my secret librarian powers of doom, I managed to identify as a storm in 1973 that hit Iowa, based only on her location of the storm and a vague year.)

Anyway, that got me talking about the blizzard of 78, which hit the East Coast when I was not quite 3.5. My father taught at a local college, and my brother and sister were both students there at the time. Once he saw the weather reports, he rounded them both up (since it'd be more enjoyable to ride out the storm at home rather than a dorm)

They get home, a lot of snow starts falling. (see here for the summary) and life proceeds through dinner, and through my going to bed.

After which my parents and brother and sister are all sitting around the living room, and my sister (I believe) goes "Gee, I'm glad Jen went to bed, because I was getting sick of reading that book." At which point the other three go "You *too*?"

The book in question was the Dr Seuss book called Bartholemew and the Oobleck, which is about things coming out of the sky until someone says the right words to make it stop (there's a longer summary on Wikipedia.

I had, apparently, spent all afternoon and evening going from one adult in the house to another, with the same book, getting them to read it over and over again. (One of them would read it, I'd go to the next one. Rinse, repeat, with pause for dinner.)

Clearly they weren't saying the words at the end of the book right, because it was *still snowing*. And therefore they hadn't done the magic right. Because logic.

When my mother reminded me of this story after I became a witch and priestess, I did sort of have one of those moments of "I was doing that at 3.5 and you're *surprised* where I ended up?" Because really.

This experience might also explain why I think weather magic is very complicated to mess with, and most people get it wrong.

But mostly, I think it had a lot to do with why I think the most important magical experiences aren't about power or how flashy or showy they are - but what they do, how they're useful, and how they make our lives decidedly better. It definitely explains a lot of my taste for small daily magics over large fancy ones (though I've enjoyed some of the latter in my time, and I'm sure I will again.)
« Last Edit: July 22, 2014, 01:14:15 pm by Jenett »
Seek Knowledge, Find Wisdom: Research help on esoteric and eclectic topics (consulting and other services)

Seeking: first steps on a Pagan path (advice for seekers and people new to Paganism)

Lysana

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2014, 04:34:10 pm »
Share yours!

Leaving aside trance-possessory work, which is its own can of worms...

One that I keep remembering was when I first lit Brighid's flame. I spoke a prayer to Her, then meditated as I looked at the candle. I felt a definite kiss on my cheek. I knew She had to be the one who did it. Not a huge presence or anything, but I treasure that moment.

Komachi

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2014, 07:47:19 am »

Share yours!

I've had perhaps one big event when working with servitors, but that's not really of interest because looking back on it now it had no purpose, just a show of will.

So I'll contribute this because I'm going through it now and I find it almost comical: Whenever I go through an important lesson or phase of my life, my wisdom teeth start growing and giving me pain.
I had the wisdom teeth removed on my right side when I was a teenager because they were giving me such pain (I went to a dentist who didn't use anaesthsia, only a heavy shot of novacaine so I cried uncle after the first side was done), but the left seemed to be fine so I've still got those and they *only* give me any trouble when I am going through something important. The first few times it's happened I didn't take notice of it, but I've learned to see it as a calling to pay attention and grow with my changes rather than fight against them.

I classify it under magickal/powerful because they coincide with spiritual and mental development -- true Wisdom Teeth! I don't have a patron deity, so I like to think that this is just a message from the source of the soul. Unless anyone knows of some deity specifically connected to teeth?
"His innermost destiny drives him on to the spirit and to God. His innermost longing draws him back to nature, the mother."  
Hermann Hesse, Steppenwolf

Faemon

• Grand Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2014, 11:08:07 am »
I love hearing personal stories of power and magick!

Share yours!

I can't remember if this was Christmas 2003 or 2002, but Christianity didn't personally appeal to me, although my mother had found Jesus and wanted us to attend church as a family every Sunday. My mother was immensely uncomfortable with patriarchy, though, it had taken a miracle to turn her--and, even though we had problems later, I should be grateful to her that she still honored that state of mind and if I wanted to me atheist then she'd let me as long as I wasn't disrespectful. I don't believe I was, but it was awkward.

A friend of the family's tried to help by giving me a book for Christmas, which was of course wrapped and beribboned.

I put my hand on the wrapping paper...and I could feel this crucifix sort of glowing or burning through the paper. I didn't mention it in case it turned out to be something else and I revealed a weakness to Christianity or something (because my mother was okay, but my sister was sooo annoying about converting me) -- and then I unwrapped it and saw that it was D.K.'s History of Christianity with a giant crucifix printed right on the cover.

Other than, what, prodromal schizoaffective synaesthesia that I maybe might have had...This was proof to me of the supernatural, though not necessarily of the capital-g God.

So I have kept trying to replicate that experience every since, with Zener cards, because an amateur scientist is me. I have had zero empirical evidence to show for it, but of course I continue just to make sure that there's nothing worth pursuing, so that I can stop pursuing it properly.

Although, I've got a more pagan-orientated one that involves sleep paralysis and the goddess Sequana before I even knew there was a goddess called Sequana. I thought that She was Shekinah, and my then-mentor who was Wiccan was convinced that She was Sekhmet. Years later, when I read about her here from another very helpful member, I kind of waffled, but now I go, "Huh, that was some thwapping. Wonder why She never came back..."

And I've got the same story involving sleep paralysis and a nopperabo (before, naturally, I knew that there was such a thing as a nopperabo.)

By the dubs, I still really dislike sleep paralysis episodes even though what happens afterwards sometimes is I think kinda cool.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2014, 11:09:28 am by Faemon »
The Codex of Poesy: wishcraft, faelatry, alchemy, and other slight misspellings.
the Otherfaith: Chromatic Genderbending Faery Monarchs of Technology. DeviantArt

Altair

• Staff
  • Fly high and make the world follow
    • View Profile
    • Songs of the Metamythos
  • Religion: tree-hugging pagan
  • Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2014, 03:35:38 pm »
I love hearing personal stories of power and magick!

Share yours!

Dreams, mostly: The dream I had in the pre-dawn hours of 9/11, a story I've told too many times.

And the dream that confirmed my pagan ways: I was a teacher lecturing to a classroom full of kids, in an open, airy room more like a dance studio--hardwood floors, floor-to-ceiling French doors opening on a view of mountaintops, as if it was set in the Alps. A mysterious blonde woman in a white dress walked in, and somehow I knew she was closely related with death. She and I began to dance, a graceful, twirling cross between a waltz and a tango, with very intricate steps, and I knew that one small lapse in the footwork would mean my doom...but I wasn't frightened. I knew the dance with confidence, and it was exhilarating. We twirled out the open French doors as the kids watched, and continued to dance in mid-air, among the crisp mountain breezes.

It was incredibly vivid. I woke knowing it was a Dream That Mattered, so to speak, and with the certainty that the woman was the Goddess as both giver and taker of life.

(Curious how blonde white women loom so large in the African American psyche...even for a gay man.)
The first song sets the wheel in motion / The second is a song of love / The third song tells of Her devotion / The fourth cries joy from the sky above
The fifth song binds our fate to silence / and bids us live each moment well / The sixth unleashes rage and violence / The seventh song has truth to tell
The last song echoes through the ages / to ask its question all night long / And close the circle on these pages / These, the metamythos songs

Earthworm

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2014, 08:29:43 pm »
Quote from: Altair;157063
Dreams, mostly: The dream I had in the pre-dawn hours of 9/11, a story I've told too many times.

And the dream that confirmed my pagan ways: I was a teacher lecturing to a classroom full of kids, in an open, airy room more like a dance studio--hardwood floors, floor-to-ceiling French doors opening on a view of mountaintops, as if it was set in the Alps. A mysterious blonde woman in a white dress walked in, and somehow I knew she was closely related with death. She and I began to dance, a graceful, twirling cross between a waltz and a tango, with very intricate steps, and I knew that one small lapse in the footwork would mean my doom...but I wasn't frightened. I knew the dance with confidence, and it was exhilarating. We twirled out the open French doors as the kids watched, and continued to dance in mid-air, among the crisp mountain breezes.

It was incredibly vivid. I woke knowing it was a Dream That Mattered, so to speak, and with the certainty that the woman was the Goddess as both giver and taker of life.

(Curious how blonde white women loom so large in the African American psyche...even for a gay man.)

I'm glad to know someone else's Big Experiences were mostly in dreams, too. I have important-type dreams maybe every month to every three months. Maybe I'm just not very good at magic yet, but it's my dream experiences more than my experiences in ritual that feel sacred and powerful to me.

One dream that comes to mind was a strange one in which I was in a dark cathedral and a short man in black Catholic bishop's robes was enthrones there. The details of said dream were very old-school witch's sabbat-y, which I didn't fully realize until after I had told the story of the dream to my boyfriend, who immediately identified the man as the Devil.

In another initiatory sort of dream, part of it involved a golden cherub statue's face contorting into a horrible, gnome-like sort of creature. I knew it was a test, so I took the face in my hands and kissed it to show I wasn't afraid. It then turned in to a Green Man-style face with an enigmatic message for me.

Then there was the dream that I had when I inadvertently fell asleep while I was trying to go into a trance or something in a ritual. In it, a postman was guiding me around the landscape of my dreams, showing me how all of the places (I frequently dream the same places, but they're in different seasons or times of day) are interconnected. I met a woman who may have been Chaos there.

That particular dream I had before the other ones I mentioned, and it has very much affected how much stock I put in to the things I dream of. As a consequence of it, I take my dreams far more seriously. I do still wish I could have more intense experiences during my waking hours. I guess maybe it just takes practice?
"A driving thirst for knowledge is the forerunner of wisdom." -Robert Cochrane

Ginko

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2014, 12:55:32 am »

Share yours!

Growing up I only got to see my Grandparents about once every four years as they were in Scotland.  When my daughter was 6 months old my husband, mother, sister, daughter, and I made a trip to visit them.  My Grandpa who had been in poor health all his life was extremely frail.  He was thrilled with my daughter.  I can still remember the delight on his face as he watched her.

We received word that he was very ill and my mother was set to fly out on the next flight.

My daughter was due for her nap so, I laid down on the couch with her so she wouldn't roll off during her nap.  When I suddenly felt someone standing behind me and looking at her.  I had a moment's panic then felt such love that I realized he had come to see his Great Granddaughter again and relaxed.  When I turned around to say I Love You it was too late, he was gone.

My mother phoned shortly after to let me know that my Grandpa had died.
Ginko

Redfaery

• Grand Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2014, 10:25:11 am »

Share yours!

I have a lot of magical stories involving Benzaiten-sama, too many to share here, all of them too special to single out, and most of them too personal to share so casually. ;)

However, I have been waiting to share this story:

This is about how I started on my path; it all came down to a single incident about a year ago, and it's all Stephy's fault. :D:

I'm not simply a spiritual person, I'm ultimately a religious one. I don't just want faith. I want - and have always needed - a path. As a child, Catholicism provided the path, and it was one that I eagerly walked along. But it ultimately felt like there was a G-D shaped hole in the middle of it. It's like the Big Guy and His Son just couldn't see me. There were exceptions. I got thwapped by a Saint, and I built up a relationship with the Virgin of Guadalupe that I still value. But there was nothing at the core. G-D himself wasn't there for me.

I'd stopped really going to Mass as an adolescent. The last time was when I was 17. Even though I kept hoping it would work out, by 18 I gave up. I considered myself an agnostic, except for a brief spell where I tried Shinto (a hint of things to come). But it didn't work out at that point in my life. I went back to agnosticism. I flirted with atheism, except....I knew there was something more. I've never been able to adhere to a purely materialist point of view, because I simply can't believe that the only things that are real are those that are scientifically provable. It seemed absurd to me. (And yes, I know that not all atheists are materialists, but I didn't know that then)

Then I reconnected with Stephy, and began hearing about her spirituality. I'd learned about Wicca as a teen, too. But as a fertility-based religion, it was fundamentally unappealing to me. Yet Stephy's posts on Facebook seemed to hint at there being more ways to go about paganism than Wicca.

For all this, I still felt so lost. It came to a head one fall afternoon. I couldn't take not knowing what the hell I believed anymore. I told myself I was going to find out. So I decided that to start, I would just take a walk in the garden and...see what happened.

I went outside barefoot, with a cup of Cheerwine in my hand (my favorite soda). I walked along the garden path slowly, and I let myself pause to feel the mulch against my soles. I took deep breaths and focused on just being. I wandered around the side of my parents' house, to the front.

So...there's a tree in the front yard that's been there for probably a couple of hundred years. It's a chestnut oak, which is rare in this part of the South. This tree has a very short, squat trunk which gives it a low center of gravity. Thus, it has weathered (no pun intended) the ice storms that have taken down so many other trees in the area. Though its trunk is short and squatty, it makes up for it by having a truly massive canopy that swallows half the roof of our house (to be fair, we have a small house). The branches are an enveloping and embracing spread of green life all through the year. Mom's #1 garden rule for the landscapers is: don't touch the tree.

Can you see where this is going?

I walked up to the tree and poured it a little Cheerwine. Libations, why not? Then I pressed my hand against the trunk and circled around it once or twice, feeling the texture of the rough, mossy bark against my skin. Then I just stopped and leaned. I don't know why, but I swear I was waiting for the tree to say something to me.

And it did.

No words, no feelings. Just a surge of...love. It knew me. It was glad that I'd come to talk.

I don't think I was psychologically able to process the whole thing at that time. I just remember feeling vaguely euphoric afterwards, and going back inside to post on Facebook that meditation was great...

but after that, it was like a switch had been flipped. I started actively searching for my path, and I stopped just sitting around and waiting for it to come to me.
KARMA: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

BlindBardRLB

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • http://www.blindbardrlb.wordpress.com
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2014, 01:29:03 pm »
Quote from: Lysana;153648

One that I keep remembering was when I first lit Brighid's flame. I spoke a prayer to Her, then meditated as I looked at the candle. I felt a definite kiss on my cheek. I knew She had to be the one who did it. Not a huge presence or anything, but I treasure that moment.

That sounds awesome! Hail Brigid..

Mine happened while I was visiting some friends at the party house they lived in at the time. I'm about 90 percent blind, especially at night and the only way I can see at night is if there is some light going on.

Anyway we had the worst storm in the town that caused it to be flooded and the party house we were staying at was one of the only places untouched.

At one point during the storm I had a twenty minute period where I could see with perfect physical vision. I could see better then any time I could recall growing up. It was completely freaky and it scared my friends out until it finally went away.

Redfaery

• Grand Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2014, 05:33:47 am »
Quote from: Lysana;153648

I'm looking to get into that....

But I went to see a woman who calls herself a "shaman" yesterday. It was a really powerful experience, surprisingly. Even though she had a lot of plasticky nuage trappings, underneath it she actually seemed to know what she was doing. She had a policy of complimentary first sessions, which seemed very wise to me. I took advantage of it and went for energy work and a soul retrieval. I insisted on her taking my patroness along. Or rather, Sarasvati-sama insisted that she not be left behind.

This woman told me a number of things that she could not have known unless she really could sense energy and work with it, such as the fact that my third eye chakra was exceptionally large and active, because it was compensating for an underdeveloped throat chakra. That was a conclusion I had come to partly on my own, though Sarasvati had apparently casually affirmed it. I also had a yoga teacher and family friend tell me offhandedly that I had a "wonderful third eye," though I don't know if she was just saying that because she was assessing my personality, or if she could see the energy? I had kind of figured out that my throat chakra was puny simply because of the fact that I have Aspergers', and that messes up communication. Yet I have wonderful language skills (I am in fact hyperlexic). So I sort of knew that my third eye and my throat would be in this dance, so to speak.

This "shaman" also did a soul retrieval on me, as I said. During the whole process, I remember feeling disoriented and dizzy, and hearing Sarasvati telling me "stay here," again and again, every time I started to feel overwhelmed. The lady had told me to keep my eyes closed, and I did at first, but eventually that got to be too much. I was seeing things. I saw treetops, and a distant vision of Sarasvati bringing me something white and angular. But she kept telling me to "stay here" so I ended up opening my eyes.

When the lady came back with my soul and Sarasvati, she took me into the next room to talk it over. She told me that on the way into the Otherworld, Sarasvati had stopped her from going down the river ahead of her. "No," she'd said. "I go first." Which....is what Sarasvati would've done with someone like her.;)

She then talked about finding the even where I'd lost part of my soul, and discovering that I'd lived a life in Asia. This too confirms my suspicions, though I can't explain to how I came to that conclusion; I...just sort of knew that I had to have a pretty deep tie to Asia. (I'm pretty sure I've lived more than one life there...if it doesn't sound fluffy to talk like that?)

So she did some other plasticky shaman things like rewriting my "soul contract," or rather, she got to rewrite one sentence before Sarasvati was like *ahem* and took the pen away and wrote the rest of it herself. Which would be what Sarasvati would've done.;)

She also described Sarasvati as beautiful, and the tone in her voice said that it wasn't an idle compliment. She clearly meant "OMG I've never seen anyone so beautiful." She seemed awed by Sarasvati. Again, that's the impression I think Sarasvati-sama would've gone for with someone like this woman. :D:

It was such a powerful experience for me, mostly because I had these deep suspicions confirmed, and I had this sort of "internal reality" checked by someone other than myself and found to be valid. So yeah...hearing reassurance that it's not all in *my* head is good. And pretty powerful, too.
KARMA: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Naerianu

• Sr. Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2014, 06:00:15 pm »

Share yours!

I have two experiences that stand out in my mind as particularly shocking/powerful. The first was when I was a teen, probably 16-17, and I was sleeping. I was having a horrible dream where I was being relentlessly attacked and cut by some entity (I felt everything >_<). The dream got intense enough that it woke me up in a panic and I couldn't really go back to sleep. However as I did finally begin going back to sleep, there was a bright white flash in my room accompanied by a very loud BANG as if a gun had gone off right in my room..Needless to say I could not get back to sleep for a while, I was terrified.

The second experience, I had been dabbling in Asatru for a bit back when I was around 21-22. Every night I would light a candle for my ancestors and ask them to watch over me. After a few weeks of doing this, I woke up in the middle of the night and rolled over to see what seemed to be Odin (Complete with long grey hair, missing one eye, very grizzled looking), leaning over me and staring at me. I even yelled in shock and quickly rolled away and shut my eyes.. When I looked again he was gone. Also, yes I was definitely awake for this and it scared me. He was leaning down over me staring with his good eye as if inspecting me. Though I guess I wasn't really Asatru material as ever since then I feel no connection what so ever with any of the Norse gods, even though Norse and Celtic makes up all of my ancestry. I suppose I shouldn't have yelled and cowered away from him Lol.

What is interesting though, is that instance with Odin was the only visual, concrete proof/sign I have ever gotten from a deity that they exist. I wish they would all show themselves once in a while. Also just as a background, I do not have night terrors or hallucinations, both of these instances were isolated occurrences that have never repeated.

Tags: