Zoclora is on a distinguished road Zoclora's Avatar
    Last Online
    25 Jul 2014 @ 05:10 PM
    Country
    USA
    Religion
    Kemetic Wicca, Buddhism, spirituality

Basic rituals

Hi! Im Zoclora and I just today joined this forum site. Iv been practicing different religions and paths for years now I would say every sense I was in 8th grade and I came to know where my main path is.
    I practice, in a way Kemetic Wicca also some Buddhism mixed with spirituality (mainly modern things, that is if you can call it that.) So this thread I basically am starting to gather some information on some basic ritual ideas that I could possibly do with the Egyptian dainties. I have been so busy with my life for the past weeks that I have lost my touch and footing on my spiritual life. So some suggestions that I could possibly use or info would be amazing!

Adept Member Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassThree FriendsYour first GroupCreated Album picturesTagger First Class
    Jack has a reputation beyond repute Jack has a reputation beyond repute Jack has a reputation beyond repute Jack has a reputation beyond repute Jack has a reputation beyond repute Jack has a reputation beyond repute Jack has a reputation beyond repute Jack has a reputation beyond repute Jack has a reputation beyond repute Jack has a reputation beyond repute Jack has a reputation beyond repute Jack's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:51 PM
    Country
    USA
    Religion
    Fictional Reconstructionist, imaginary Baltic heathen, Loki-adjacent, small p polytheist and UU
    Pronouns
    he/him/his

Re: Basic rituals

Quote Originally Posted by Zoclora View Post
    Hi! Im Zoclora and I just today joined this forum site. Iv been practicing different religions and paths for years now I would say every sense I was in 8th grade and I came to know where my main path is.
    I practice, in a way Kemetic Wicca also some Buddhism mixed with spirituality (mainly modern things, that is if you can call it that.) So this thread I basically am starting to gather some information on some basic ritual ideas that I could possibly do with the Egyptian dainties. I have been so busy with my life for the past weeks that I have lost my touch and footing on my spiritual life. So some suggestions that I could possibly use or info would be amazing!
    So people can make better suggestions, can you talk a bit about what kind of rituals you'v done before? If you've been practicing for many years I'd imagine you've tried a number of things, and some have worked better than others.
    Hail Mara, Lady of Good Things!
    "Jack, you are gravely disordered." - Castus
    "[Jack], you are embracing a lie which will ultimately prove destructive to you and those around you and for which there will be consequences." - ehbowen

Senior Newbie Achievements:
    7 days registered
    Last Online
    Country
    USA
    Religion

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    So people can make better suggestions, can you talk a bit about what kind of rituals you'v done before? If you've been practicing for many years I'd imagine you've tried a number of things, and some have worked better than others.
    Sure! Iv done mostly ones that Iv made up with help of either them or a suggestion from online. Iv tried things from basic wiccan ritual where you name the points and elements and invoke a god or goddess. Really its been so long scents I have done one I have for gotten a lot of the ones Iv done. I just don't know which one is good for the Egyptian gods. I have read some on them but seems not to be in my knowing or interest such as reading a whole book of songs out loud or use musical instruments. (Im quite when it comes to these things. I don't like a lot of noise.) I may have been worshiping them and be involved with them for years but when it comes to rituals I only done a hand full.

Master Member

Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassVeteran5000 Experience Points
    Sobekemiti will become famous soon enough Sobekemiti will become famous soon enough Sobekemiti's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:55 AM
    Country
    Australia
    Religion
    Hem-Netjer; Witch; Polytheist; Scribe; Kemetic Monastic; Druid-In-Training (ADF)
    Pronouns
    xe/hir/xem

So are you looking for Wiccan style Kemetic rituals, or just any rituals that might work for Kemetic gods? Because I've got a couple that might be good for Kemetic gods that are based on traditional Kemetic ritual structures, but I don't know if you want something that's not Wiccan?
    Sobekemiti Isetemsaf | Queer Polytheist and Sobek Devotee | My pronouns are xe/hir/xem
    Dreamwidth Journal | Per Sebek: The House of Sebek
    Shedety Scriptorium - my new Etsy shop, selling handmade journals, prayer beads, and other sacred items.

7 days registered
    Last Online
    Country
    USA
    Religion

Quote Originally Posted by cymrudraco View Post
    So are you looking for Wiccan style Kemetic rituals, or just any rituals that might work for Kemetic gods? Because I've got a couple that might be good for Kemetic gods that are based on traditional Kemetic ritual structures, but I don't know if you want something that's not Wiccan?
    That would be just amazing if you could give me some thats more of the traditional Kemetic side.

Master Member

Achievements:
    Sobekemiti will become famous soon enough Sobekemiti will become famous soon enough Sobekemiti's Avatar
    Last Online
    Country
    Australia
    Religion
    Hem-Netjer; Witch; Polytheist; Scribe; Kemetic Monastic; Druid-In-Training (ADF)
    Pronouns
    xe/hir/xem

That would be just amazing if you could give me some thats more of the traditional Kemetic side.
    Well, alright, that makes things easy, then! I've got a few simple rites that might get you started. Feel free to customise them if you work with particular gods, or want to use it to make your own rituals in this sort of style.

To start with, I've got a fairly formal generic shortform Kemetic rite, which you might want to play around with. I use it for formal rituals, like for festivals and other major occasions. I have also have a longer version of this rite, but if you're not that experienced with Kemetic ritual, I'd probably stick with the simpler rituals first before tackling the longer rituals. Get familiar with the basic components of the ritual first before tackling something more akin to a proper formal Temple ritual.

I also have a simple outline for a daily devotional rite you might want to play around with, if you want something simpler. It's based on the shortform rite, but cut down quite a lot. It still has all the basic steps in there, but it's more tailored for daily use.

The daily devotional rites I currently use (here and here) are forked off that, and are even simpler, because my requirements for a daily rite are that it has to be able to be done, from memory, when I'm half awake and in my pjs. If you want to play around with those rituals, too, by all means. It's fine by me. Mine are particular to my gods, but feel free to change them around to suit any gods you feel drawn to, or work with already. But if you're looking for something more structured, and a little more formal, the two rituals linked above might be worth exploring. That should at least get you started.
    Last edited by Sobekemiti; 14 Jul 2014 at 11:16 AM. Reason: Sasha can't spell gud
    Sobekemiti Isetemsaf | Queer Polytheist and Sobek Devotee | My pronouns are xe/hir/xem
    Shedety Scriptorium - my new Etsy shop, selling handmade journals, prayer beads, and other sacred items.

7 days registered
    Last Online
    Country
    USA
    Religion

Well, alright, that makes things easy, then! I've got a few simple rites that might get you started. Feel free to customise them if you work with particular gods, or want to use it to make your own rituals in this sort of style.

To start with, I've got a fairly formal generic shortform Kemetic rite, which you might want to play around with. I use it for formal rituals, like for festivals and other major occasions. I have also have a longer version of this rite, but if you're not that experienced with Kemetic ritual, I'd probably stick with the simpler rituals first before tackling the longer rituals. Get familiar with the basic components of the ritual first before tackling something more akin to a proper formal Temple ritual.

I also have a simple outline for a daily devotional rite you might want to play around with, if you want something simpler. It's based on the shortform rite, but cut down quite a lot. It still has all the basic steps in there, but it's more tailored for daily use.

The daily devotional rites I currently use (here and here) are forked off that, and are even simpler, because my requirements for a daily rite are that it has to be able to be done, from memory, when I'm half awake and in my pjs. If you want to play around with those rituals, too, by all means. It's fine by me. Mine are particular to my gods, but feel free to change them around to suit any gods you feel drawn to, or work with already. But if you're looking for something more structured, and a little more formal, the two rituals linked above might be worth exploring. That should at least get you started.
    OH thank you! Iv been trying to look for some to start off with and a lot of them kept wanting me to buy this or that or say they can't because it was copy writer. I really do want to use more and more proper formal rituals in my practice not just some throne together mixed up Wiccan ritual that feels so out of place or the energy isn't flowing right.

Master Member

Achievements:
    Last Online
    Country
    Australia
    Religion
    Pronouns
    xe/hir/xem

OH thank you! Iv been trying to look for some to start off with and a lot of them kept wanting me to buy this or that or say they can't because it was copy writer. I really do want to use more and more proper formal rituals in my practice not just some throne together mixed up Wiccan ritual that feels so out of place or the energy isn't flowing right.
    Yeah, I know the feeling. I don't think the beginner resources for new Kemetics are very good, but there are people trying to change that. The Kemetic Round Table might be something else you want to check out, just for further information about Kemetic practice.

7 days registered
    Last Online
    Country
    USA
    Religion

Yeah, I know the feeling. I don't think the beginner resources for new Kemetics are very good, but there are people trying to change that. The Kemetic Round Table might be something else you want to check out, just for further information about Kemetic practice.
    Oh thank you! Sorry I have not said any thing for awhile! But thank you for your help!

Master Member

Achievements:
    Last Online
    Country
    Australia
    Religion
    Pronouns
    xe/hir/xem

Oh thank you! Sorry I have not said any thing for awhile! But thank you for your help!
    Not a problem, I hope it's helped you find something that works for you.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast