collapse

* Recent Posts

Author Topic: Here's where I'm at  (Read 633 times)

CelticSea

Here's where I'm at
« on: July 12, 2014, 10:15:20 pm »
I've always been the spiritual sort, but never fit into mainstream religion.  So I've shunned religion and pretended that it was all a sham.  It has always seemed to me that nature was the key, and that we have a place in it and should celebrate it, but nothing seemed to fit.  All typical avenues seemed to lead to an over-arching modern sense of spirituality where some sort of dominant figure, perhaps mail oriented, was laying down the rules to fit a particular paradigm with associated violence.  And I did not fit.

I'm hoping, perhaps beyond hope, that this forum, may be a place to discuss such things.  I've embarked on a personal journey to find my place among those things that are natural and not a part of current dogma.  It may be a fool's struggle, but when I see how nature is balanced, and how all things are a part of it, I just know that there is something more.

At any rate, that's why I'm here.  Simple really.

stephyjh

• Grand Master Member
    • View Profile
Re: Here's where I'm at
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2014, 10:49:43 pm »
Quote from: CelticSea;152825
I've always been the spiritual sort, but never fit into mainstream religion.  So I've shunned religion and pretended that it was all a sham.  It has always seemed to me that nature was the key, and that we have a place in it and should celebrate it, but nothing seemed to fit.  All typical avenues seemed to lead to an over-arching modern sense of spirituality where some sort of dominant figure, perhaps mail oriented, was laying down the rules to fit a particular paradigm with associated violence.  And I did not fit.

I'm hoping, perhaps beyond hope, that this forum, may be a place to discuss such things.  I've embarked on a personal journey to find my place among those things that are natural and not a part of current dogma.  It may be a fool's struggle, but when I see how nature is balanced, and how all things are a part of it, I just know that there is something more.

Interesting. Have you done any reading into animism or pantheism?

Welcome to the site!
A heretic blast has been blown in the west,
That what is no sense must be nonsense.

-Robert Burns

Voren

• Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: spiritual
  • Preferred Pronouns: Xe/Xir/Xes
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2014, 11:50:12 pm »

Greetings and welcome
-Voren
(aka Sou\'r-Ghi\'den)

The Singularity

Pix

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2014, 12:45:45 am »
Hello!

It has always seemed to me that nature was the key

More than once I confused people (especially in the Bible Belt) when I referenced nature over say the Bible. Just seems obvious to me that if there was an outside intelligence that created everything we know then we'd learn a lot more about that being by its creation/art than by some book arbitrarily chosen to be "the Word of God." I was like that even as a child.
"If there is a universal mind, must it be sane?"

--Charles Fort

veggiewolf

• Adept Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2014, 10:26:26 am »

Welcome to TC!
Fluid Morality - my spiritual blog
Eating Monsters - my mental health blog

"Religion does not define a deity- it defines the human approach and interpretation of deity." - Juni
"I hate magical thinking in my magic." - Darkhawk
"...a baseball club; a soccer unkindness; a hockey murder; a football team..." - Cecil, Welcome to Night Vale

Tags: