Re: "Christ Is King" by SirPalomides
[Today at 08:57:21 am]

Re: "Christ Is King" by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 11:06:51 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 10:30:17 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Darkhawk
[Yesterday at 08:31:19 pm]

Author Topic: 2014 Louisville Pagan Pride  (Read 4191 times)

Demeter Hedgewitch

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
2014 Louisville Pagan Pride
« on: June 30, 2014, 10:35:43 am »
All I know about this event is that it's on September 13th in Louisville at the Brown and Foreman Amphitheater on River Road from 11am to 5pm. They will be talking about Norse Mythology, Christian and Pagan fighting and several other topics. Bring a can food item for the Dare to Care food drive.

Viv

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
Re: 2014 Louisville Pagan Pride
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2014, 01:15:43 pm »
Quote from: Demeter Hedgewitch;151754
All I know about this event is that it's on September 13th in Louisville at the Brown and Foreman Amphitheater on River Road from 11am to 5pm. They will be talking about Norse Mythology, Christian and Pagan fighting and several other topics. Bring a can food item for the Dare to Care food drive.

Here's a little more info: Louisville, KY Pagan Pride Day :)
"As every cat lover knows, nobody owns a cat." ~Ellen Perry Berkeley

AKA: windshadow; hesperia

Demeter Hedgewitch

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2014, 05:13:58 pm »
Quote from: Hesperia;151777
Here's a little more info: Louisville, KY Pagan Pride Day :)

I've read the site and I just couldn't remember everything. I'm so excited about going, as this will be my first pagan pride event. I did live up in St. Louis but didn't know they had the St. Louis Pagan Picnic. Wish I had gone when I had lived up there.

Jenett

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
    • Seeking: First steps on a path
  • Religion: Initiatory religious witchcraft
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2014, 05:43:49 pm »
Quote from: Demeter Hedgewitch;151754

A few notes, as someone who's helped run Pagan Pride events in other places -

- Do keep checking back for scheduling changes. Often more workshops and things get added as people get much closer to the date. (Pagan Pride events have to run in a schedule window from early August to mid-October, and http://paganpride.org has a listing of all the events scheduled.)

- I think Pagan Pride is a great way to check out a local Pagan community. You won't sync with everyone there, but it's a good way to meet people from a lot of different local groups/orgs/activities at once. (Don't just pay attention to people there: you might hear opportunities mentioned too, or other events.)

I always encourage people to check out any links page, too - often local resources and groups will list there, even if they're not doing something specific at the event.

- Volunteering is a particularly awesome way to meet people, and at Pagan Pride events, it's often pretty low-key. Helping with set-up or clean-up is an amazing way to get the good will of people running the event, but if you can't help with that (for time or health reasons), there's often a need for people to sit and answer questions or direct people around the site that are less physical jobs.
Seek Knowledge, Find Wisdom: Research help on esoteric and eclectic topics (consulting and other services)

Seeking: first steps on a Pagan path (advice for seekers and people new to Paganism)

Viv

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2014, 03:49:41 pm »
Quote from: Demeter Hedgewitch;152058
I've read the site and I just couldn't remember everything. I'm so excited about going, as this will be my first pagan pride event. I did live up in St. Louis but didn't know they had the St. Louis Pagan Picnic. Wish I had gone when I had lived up there.

I'm looking forward to it, too. Oh, and if you haven't heard of it, you might want to check out the Festival of Healing & Wellness next year. This year it took place in Louisville in April. I think there is another event going on near Louisville on the 19th and 20th of this month but I can't remember exactly where its being held. If you contact Virginia Gilpin at 502-275-9692, she can tell you when and where it is. She's the one that organizes the events.

Viv

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2014, 03:53:44 pm »
Quote from: Jenett;152063

- Do keep checking back for scheduling changes. Often more workshops and things get added as people get much closer to the date. (Pagan Pride events have to run in a schedule window from early August to mid-October, and http://paganpride.org has a listing of all the events scheduled.)

- I think Pagan Pride is a great way to check out a local Pagan community. You won't sync with everyone there, but it's a good way to meet people from a lot of different local groups/orgs/activities at once. (Don't just pay attention to people there: you might hear opportunities mentioned too, or other events.)

I always encourage people to check out any links page, too - often local resources and groups will list there, even if they're not doing something specific at the event.

- Volunteering is a particularly awesome way to meet people, and at Pagan Pride events, it's often pretty low-key. Helping with set-up or clean-up is an amazing way to get the good will of people running the event, but if you can't help with that (for time or health reasons), there's often a need for people to sit and answer questions or direct people around the site that are less physical jobs.

Thanks, Jenett. This year is the first time I've been able to attend any events, so your advice is very helpful.

Demeter Hedgewitch

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2014, 10:38:53 pm »
Quote from: Jenett;152063

Thanks, this is the first one that I'm attending. If I'm repeating myself, consider this a brain fart.

Tags: