Re: Cill Shift Schedule by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 11:04:57 pm]

Re: Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 11:21:37 pm]

Re: Spring Has Sprung! 2024 Edition by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 10:24:10 pm]

Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by Altair
[March 21, 2024, 02:52:34 pm]

Author Topic: What does this mean?  (Read 3553 times)

Myfriendpassed

• View Profile
What does this mean?
« on: June 29, 2014, 08:28:06 am »
A Pagan friend of mine passed away last night. When I went outside to turn my pool on, I was surprised to find some rocks, which look strategically placed, outside my back door.  If you zoom in, you can see where I placed some arrows pointing at the rocks. There are 3 rocks in a straight line on the sidewalk (and there are 3 people who live in my home) and then 2 rocks which are placed; one each, in the bottom corners of the doorway.  Is it possible my friend paid a visit to my home after she passed?  And if so, what would these placements mean?  Thank you for any enlightenment.

Myfriendpassed

• View Profile
Re: What does this mean?
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2014, 08:59:49 am »
Quote from: Myfriendpassed;151538
A Pagan friend of mine passed away last night. When I went outside to turn my pool on, I was surprised to find some rocks, which look strategically placed, outside my back door.  If you zoom in, you can see where I placed some arrows pointing at the rocks. There are 3 rocks in a straight line on the sidewalk (and there are 3 people who live in my home) and then 2 rocks which are placed; one each, in the bottom corners of the doorway.  Is it possible my friend paid a visit to my home after she passed?  And if so, what would these placements mean?  Thank you for any enlightenment.

Anybody??

Sarah

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2014, 10:28:29 am »

I can't help with the stone thing but I'm really sorry about your friend
Knowing when to use a shovel is what being a witch is all about. Nanny Ogg, Witches Abroad

Myfriendpassed

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2014, 10:46:49 am »
Quote from: Jake_;151557
I can't help with the stone thing but I'm really sorry about your friend

Thanks so much Jake.  She was a beautiful soul.  I wouldn't put it past her to have placed a blessing on my house if she was able.  But I don't know much about her practices other than (from what I saw) she used her beliefs for the good of others.  I tried Googling for information, but can't find much.  I found this forum though and thought maybe someone could give me some insight.  The timing 'could' be total irony and maybe a neighbor is just messing with me. lol.  I just know the rocks were NOT there last night when I turned the pool pump off.

veggiewolf

• Adept Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2014, 02:26:49 pm »
Quote from: Myfriendpassed;151544
Anybody??

Sometimes it can take a bit before people respond to a post, especially if they're not sure how to answer.

Personally, I'd try ruling out the mundane first - asking people in the house, or friends in the neighborhood if they did it, and if so, why.

Sorry I can't be of more help.
Fluid Morality - my spiritual blog
Eating Monsters - my mental health blog

"Religion does not define a deity- it defines the human approach and interpretation of deity." - Juni
"I hate magical thinking in my magic." - Darkhawk
"...a baseball club; a soccer unkindness; a hockey murder; a football team..." - Cecil, Welcome to Night Vale

Jack

• Adept Member
    • View Profile
    • Skyhold
  • Religion: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Preferred Pronouns: they/he
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2014, 02:33:16 pm »
I'm sorry for your loss.

If you're asking whether this is something that would be recognized as a sign by other pagans, the answer is no, it's not widespread (or at least, I've never heard of it.)

If you just want to know if a pagan such as your friend would believe in some kind of continuing existence after death where they might visit you and want you to know they're okay, that's a more common belief. Not having known your friend, I can't say for sure, but I would not be surprised if she believed that. Being your friend, it's entirely possible she wanted to comfort you after her death.

It's human nature to recognize patterns that make us feel like things out of our control care about us. It might just be rocks. But if you're comforted by the thought that it's your friend, I honestly don't see any reason to tell you it's not her.
Hail Mara, Lady of Good Things!
"The only way to cope with something deadly serious is to try to treat it a little lightly." -Madeleine L'Engle

stephyjh

• Grand Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2014, 03:34:03 pm »
Quote from: Myfriendpassed;151544
Anybody??

It could just be rocks. It could be birds playing with them--corvids (crows, ravens, etc) are known for playing with rocks, especially shiny ones. Or it could be your friend. Honestly, if it's comforting to you to believe that your friend came to say goodbye and to leave a blessing, I'd go with that, whether you can confirm it for sure or not. There are a lot of things worth believing in that aren't provable.
A heretic blast has been blown in the west,
That what is no sense must be nonsense.

-Robert Burns

Myfriendpassed

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2014, 03:42:30 pm »
Quote from: stephyjh;151606
It could just be rocks. It could be birds playing with them--corvids (crows, ravens, etc) are known for playing with rocks, especially shiny ones. Or it could be your friend. Honestly, if it's comforting to you to believe that your friend came to say goodbye and to leave a blessing, I'd go with that, whether you can confirm it for sure or not. There are a lot of things worth believing in that aren't provable.

Thank you everyone for your kind replies. I did ask everyone in the house, and I also know (due to the schedules yesterday and last night) that neither my husband nor my daughter were out back last night.  They got home from scuba diving and went straight to bed after eating.  I think I'm going to move the rocks and then see if there are any further episodes.  If there are, I'd be more inclined to think it's a neighbor...which would be weird though because my neighbors are elderly and not likely to venture out of their house to be moving rocks by my back door.  It definitely wasn't birds...the rocks are placed too strategically, IMO.   In any event, thank you again!  I appreciate your time and letting me know it's not a typical pagan ritual to bless a doorway in this manner.

Monstera deliciosa

• Sr. Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2014, 12:33:27 am »
Quote from: Myfriendpassed;151609
In any event, thank you again!  I appreciate your time and letting me know it's not a typical pagan ritual to bless a doorway in this manner.

I'm sorry for the loss of your friend.

I did want to add that while this would not be a common Pagan thing, I have known Hoodoo and other American folk-magic practitioners to place two lodestones (magnetic stones) at the corners of a doorframe to pull negative energy away before it can enter a house. This is done to help keep the inside of a home safe and happy. Usually they're on the top of the frame, out of the way, but this is arrangement reminded me of it. There's no way to know if it was done with that intent, or who did it, but I guess I wanted to say that the only thing I can think of which resembles part of that pattern is something beneficial.

Adnarim

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2014, 05:04:09 pm »
I don't respond much here. But this got my interest. Im so sorry for your loss <3.....

The Stones look like orange calcite it's found in Mexico.  Warms the soul and gives comfort. It's a comforting message.  An: I'm okay. The way they are placed i can't say anything about from this angle but they are placed to be found. Was your friend interested in healing Stones? Id say it's a message.

Izzie414

• Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2014, 08:26:04 am »
Quote from: Adnarim;151829
I don't respond much here. But this got my interest. Im so sorry for your loss <3.....

The Stones look like orange calcite it's found in Mexico.  Warms the soul and gives comfort. It's a comforting message.  An: I'm okay. The way they are placed i can't say anything about from this angle but they are placed to be found. Was your friend interested in healing Stones? Id say it's a message.

I am sorry for your loss.

I think there is probably a combination of things going on here, some mundane with a touch of "I'm ok!" from your friend possibly.

When my Mom died, I learned a few things. First, the brain itself doesn't understand that the deceased won't be around anymore. So, you have those feelings of "they're going to call me any minute" and you might start seeing patterns. For instance, my Mom drove a white car, and I noticed every single white car of that model around me, but it's a common car. Then, came the stuff I couldn't explain.

I got out of bed one morning and found my washing machine was set the way Mom would have done, and everyone swears they didn't touch it. There were some other things too. The dead IME want us to know they're ok.

So, I think it's a comforting sign even if someone living put them there.

Holdasown

• Master Member
    • View Profile
    • Blog
  • Religion: Norse/Germanic Polytheists
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2014, 10:56:45 am »

First I am very sorry for your loss. Second, I am the type of person who thinks if the first thing you though when you saw the rocks was your friend came by then stick with it. Honestly, whether she did or not you thought of her and it's can be a special thing for you. My mother swears there is a butterfly that comes to things and is her boyfriend's son. I would never discourage that, it's special to her and why not. She could be right.

Tags: