Re: "Christ Is King" by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 10:30:17 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Darkhawk
[Yesterday at 08:31:19 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Darkhawk
[Yesterday at 07:54:40 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Sefiru
[Yesterday at 07:44:49 pm]

Author Topic: Getting back to it?  (Read 1037 times)

Morrigan

• Sr. Newbie
    • View Profile
Getting back to it?
« on: June 29, 2014, 06:48:58 am »
I have recently come back to studying witchcraft again. I haven't studied it for a long while because I felt guilty and ashamed for doing it (raised Catholic lol).

Problem is I don't feel the same strength or connection that I used to. I feel like the magick has almost disappeared.

I really don't know what to do to get that back. All my practices seem to be just me going through the motions. :(

Any ideas what I can do to get my "sensitivity" back? I'd really appreciate some advice!

x

Melian Brythonia

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Getting back to it?
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2014, 10:18:54 am »
Quote from: Morrigan;151529
I have recently come back to studying witchcraft again. I haven't studied it for a long while because I felt guilty and ashamed for doing it (raised Catholic lol).

Problem is I don't feel the same strength or connection that I used to. I feel like the magick has almost disappeared.

I really don't know what to do to get that back. All my practices seem to be just me going through the motions. :(

Any ideas what I can do to get my "sensitivity" back? I'd really appreciate some advice!

x

Can I ask - are you studying the same way you used to and doing things in the same way? It might be that you need to revitalise it by doing something completely different.

I did the same thing - I came back to witchcraft after a few years away and now I'm finding that if I do what I did before, it feels a bit stale. I've gotten more connection from looking at things differently, trying new kinds of ritual format and writing my own workings.

Just a possibility?
Formerly known as OwlHeart!

In search of Isis....

Sefiru

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2014, 01:34:52 pm »

In my experience, spiritual sensitivity is like any skill -- it will fade if it isn't practiced. You didn't say what type of path you are practicing, but you might try going back to more basic exercises rather than try to pick up right where you left off.

And like OwlHeart said, consider whether different practices might suit your current situation better.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Me on AO3 & Deviantart

Freesia

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2014, 05:32:40 pm »

x

I understand this completely. I haven't begun any witchcraft since I turned back to paganism other then practice. I've practiced circle casting, meditation, card divination, and blessing objects. I was going to do a banishing, but decided to not go there just yet.

The first few times I attempted circle casting inside they failed miserably. No energy at all. I almost packed it away again. Instead I began yoga and meditation. It wasn't long before I found that crystals work for me with focusing energy. I never used them before.

Think of it this way; you are a different person, you can't expect things to be the same since you have changed. You must develop your craft around your personal strengths. Start with what you have and what you love first before buying a bunch of things you think you "need." Make things with your hands and focus intention in what you do. As you do this visualize the energy you manipulate and make the mundane magical.

Tags: