collapse

* Recent Posts

Author Topic: Questions About Hedge Witchery  (Read 2500 times)

Demeter Hedgewitch

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
Questions About Hedge Witchery
« on: June 26, 2014, 12:25:44 am »
I've just started down the Hedge Witch path,though I've been a Kitchen Witch for over a year, and all I know about the path is that is a very simple path, practical, and some of the Hedge Witches that I've ready about live on farms and do small rituals while their doing things like gathering eggs. I also know that it deals with shamanism and jumping over the hedge. What I really want to know is that can you practice Hedge Witchery in the city?

I also have some books lined up to buy over the course of the next couple of months and I have read the recommended books that people have listed for Hedge Witchery. Any answers would be so helpful.

Castus

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Happy Science
Re: Questions About Hedge Witchery
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2014, 03:03:37 am »
Quote from: Demeter Hedgewitch;151078
I've just started down the Hedge Witch path,though I've been a Kitchen Witch for over a year, and all I know about the path is that is a very simple path, practical, and some of the Hedge Witches that I've ready about live on farms and do small rituals while their doing things like gathering eggs. I also know that it deals with shamanism and jumping over the hedge. What I really want to know is that can you practice Hedge Witchery in the city?

I also have some books lined up to buy over the course of the next couple of months and I have read the recommended books that people have listed for Hedge Witchery. Any answers would be so helpful.

So, what you're saying is, that you are a hedge witch who does not know what hedge witchery is?
“Castus, meanwhile, goes straight for the bad theology like one of those creepy fish that swims up streams of pee.” — Darkhawk

“Believing in the Lord means you are connected to me no matter when you are poor, sick, or struggling in a relationship. I am always with you. I want you to believe that. The future is uncertain, and much suffering awaits. However, the mission of the believer is to live life doing their best, no matter what the circumstances.” — Ryuho Okawa

Sophia C

• Adept Member
    • View Profile
    • http://leithincluan.wordpress.com/
  • Religion: Druid, Celtic & contemplative Christian, Gaelic-ish polytheist, on a mystic path
  • Preferred Pronouns: They/them
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2014, 05:02:05 am »

The Pagan Portals book on Hedge Witchcraft talks a bit about adapting it to urban life. There's also a follow up, Hedge Riding.
"We're all stories, in the end. Make it a good one, eh?"
- Doctor Who

Schuyler

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2014, 05:20:37 pm »

Not a book, but you may be interested in checking out Walking the Hedge.

Demeter Hedgewitch

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2014, 10:21:24 am »
Quote from: Castus;151096
So, what you're saying is, that you are a hedge witch who does not know what hedge witchery is?

I'm learning to be one and need info.

Demeter Hedgewitch

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2014, 10:22:41 am »
Quote from: Schuyler;151302
Not a book, but you may be interested in checking out Walking the Hedge.

Thanks, I'll check it out. I joined a group on Facebook who have wonderful people that are helping this poor soul out. Someone told me that it's going to take years of learning but I'm willing to devote my time and energy.

Tags: